Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Deeks heard the beeping as he woke up, his head was throbbing and his side was pulling and burning.

He groaned as he tried to sit up.

"Rest, your safe now." Kensi's voice cut through the pain.

"Kenz?" Deeks couldn't figure out what was going on….then it hit him. "Ellie? MAX!" he tried again to sit up his eyes opening and his vision swimming.

"Deeks?" Kensi wrapped her arm around his torso and helped him to sit as he started to vomit, passing him a bowl and calling for a nurse she moved away as the medical staff came in to check him out.

Flipping her phone she sent a quick text and watched as the staff sedated Deeks who was trying to get out of the bed.

As the sedative took effect Deeks looked at Kensi, "I'm sorry," he said as oblivion overtook him.

Kensi walked outside the room and looked to where Callen sat on a chair watching the door but not coming any closer.

"Callen, are you coming in?" she asked sidling up to him.

Callen shook his head, "Nope,"

Kensi looked at him, "Why? He's waking up soon and he's gonna be hurting, if you sit with him I can go and let Jordan and Ellie know he's here." She reasoned.

"Can't do that." Callen said looking grim.

"Why not!" Kensi exclaimed, "He's a part of the team, we should be here for him."

"You be there for him, its best if he doesn't see the others." Callen advised.

"Callen, what's going on?" she asked.

"Deeks is under arrest." He stated.

"WHAT!" Kensi sat on the chair next to him, "Oh God, what did he do? Did he kill Fitzgerald?" she asked.

Callen shook his head, "Beat him pretty bad though. Sam's getting him checked out and then taking him to the boatshed."

"Good." Kensi said.

"Good?"

"I'd beat him too if he got near me." Kensi snapped, "Doing that to that lovely little girl."

"How is she?" Callen asked grateful for the chance to change the subject.

"She should be ok; I think Jordan said she was going home in a few days." Kensi said, "I offered to drive them home." She told him.

Callen resisted the urge to roll his eyes and come out with a prayer for the passengers. "Listen, I'm gonna go in and see Deeks." He got up and walked to the door. "You need to stay here." He said.

"He's my partner." Kensi snapped.

"Right now he's a suspect; if he's awake I need to talk to him."

"Not until I have pronounced him fit to be interviewed," A doctor said walking up behind him.

"You are?" Callen asked stepping in front of the door,

"I'm Dr. Simmons, Mr. Deeks' doctor, he's just got out of surgery and I won't have you pushing him. Now if you'll excuse me I need to check on Mr. Deeks." He said and moved to get past Callen.

"I'm coming with you." Callen said and entered the room.

Deeks was leaning against the headboard staring out of the window, he didn't move as Callen and the doctor came in.

"Mr. Deeks, I'm Dr. Simmons I was the surgeon who stitched up your wound. May I see it?"

Deeks didn't move.