Chapter One: New Days

Emma's POV:

"Today is gonna be the absolute best day ever! Nothing is going to go wrong!"

~10 mins later~

I walk into Riverside High School with my long brown hair and blonde delicate tips being too much to handle right now, so I threw it up in a quick sporty ponytail. This morning after waking up late, I throw on my The Offspring band T-shirt that I practically worship, and a pair of black sports shorts and scrambled out of my house this morning. I could just drown in this weird feeling I was feeling but couldn't place it before I ran straight into trouble this morning.

Going around a corner, I knocked right into Ashley Reynolds, Riversides Head cheerleader herself, but I prefer to call her The Devil. Ashley and her posse consisting of her boyfriend All-star Axel Phillips, her best friend Chloe Michaels, Fashionista Extraordinaire, and Leo's best friend Levi Valor.

Lucky Me, Ashley and I ran into each other.....literally and my books and papers are scattered all over the floor. *sigh*... this isn't unusual, wherever Ashley is, there's chaos. I start to pick up everything frantically while Ashley straightens and She and her posse start laughing along with everyone else who had witnessed what just happened, except Axel. Suddenly, Axel crouches down in a sort of squat and starts helping me pick up my books and audible gasps are heard from the crowd that had gathered. Axel straightens his stance and hands over my stuff with a 100 watt smile before seeming to shake out of a trance? He looks around bewildered and then realizes what he's done and before I can even say my awkward thanks, my books are slapped out of my hands by Leo who is smirking.

"You really think I'd help a loser like you?"

No one, not even my own conscience could stop me from smacking that jerkwad square across the face. The slap rang down the hallway and the Hallway was silent.

"Axel, do you ever get tired of being a jerk? Like come on, it's been the same thing since grade school and I haven't done anything wrong to deserve it. You say I'm the Loser, But I'm not the one who feels the need to put others down to make him feel better about himself."

With that I walked away but then Ashley says.

"You Freak! You can't do that!"

I sharply turn around and say " Can't do what? Stand up to the people who have been tormenting me since Kindergarten? Watch me." With a confident smile and an almost teasing look, daring her to go on.

Ashley steps closer and practically shrieks " WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

I smile and say "Certainly not YOUR bitch" And I turned the corner leaving her behind me.

I suddenly falter in my steps and stop, I grab my shoulder bag tightly, trying to calm myself. I half turn around and bite my lip thinking about going back there and making things right. Then I think no Emma what are you doing? They bullied you for year, and you just stood there and took it like an idiot. Today is the day they learn to grow the fuck up and stop being assholes to everyone else. I turn back around and head to my first period.

..... When did I become so brave?

Axel's POV:

I woke up this morning and went for my early morning jog as I would any other morning but today was special, Today I was 17, Marking the final stage of Ascend. Today's the day my instincts finally kick in as an Alpha and I get to find my mate, who will be the next Alpha female or as my pack The Night Bane call her, The Luna. The current Alpha and Luna are my Dad, and Mom, Mason, and Ava Phillips. My dad is stepping down this year as the pack leader as it is tradition to give the eldest son control on their 17th birthday. And MAN WAS I EXCITED!