Chapter 13 : Cause Baby You're A Firework

Noah's POV
-
Nuclear bomb.
-
That's what exploded inside me when my lips landed on Gloss'. A nuclear bomb full of surprises. A nuclear bomb that contained rainbows, fireworks, and butterflies. It all erupted inside me at once. Gloss' lips were so gentle it moved with passion. It's like his lips were being careful at me.
-
When my eyes flickered on his lips, I wondered if it was good, if it tasted good. It's good and it does taste good. It just shocked me because I hadn't meant to kiss him, but I wanted to at the same time. It's like a hidden force was making me kiss him. A hidden force that was binded in my will. But after that kiss, it felt like I was cheating on Chelsie. But then I remember that Chelsie and I are done. But I still have feelings for her.
-
After that kiss, we both jumped away and ran to our own room. That was awkward. And starting tomorrow, everything will be awkward. I sigh. I lay down on my bed, sprawling. My head tilts on the side, only to see pictures of Chelsie and I together. It pains me to see, to think, to remember the happy memories we have made. Chelsie has never cheated on me, until Mike. The tears are threatening to pour out of my eyes. I take a deep breath and shut my eyes tightly. I release the breath that I've been holding as I stare at the pictures.
-
On the first picture, Chelsie was smiling at the camera as she was about to put the water hose in my direction. My camera's waterproof. It drenched me because of Chelsie. She just laughed at me afterwards. On the second picture, it's a stolen shot of Chelsie, pouting like a little kid at her friend, Jona. On the third picture, we were hugging and about to kiss. John took that picture of us. On the nexf picture, it's the picture of us, including the jocks. Chelsie was standing, her arms were cross across her chest. All the guys, including me, were sitting, looking at her like she was a Goddess or something. My camera was on a timer. God, the memories are killing me.
---
The sun shines brightly, passing through my room's big windows. The thick curtains are tucked on either side of the windows. My room is warm, but there's still a cold inside me. Not in the room but inside me.
-
Looking at the door, I expect Gloss to barge in and freak the shit out of me, or pull a frank so that I'd wake. But no. He doesn't. I look at the clock and it's 6:46 in the morning. 1 hour and 14 minutes until the school starts.
-
When I get in the dining area, Gloss is already there, eating at his cerial, a boring expression plastered across his innocent face. He looks up. As soon as he sees me, he quickly bows his head down and blushes crimson red and begins to eat his cerial very quickly till he started to choke. He pats his chest and grabs a glass of water that is placed beside his bowl of cerials. He chugs it, a bead of water slipping out of his lips. His lips... Shit.
-
As soon as he's done chugging the water, he stands up and places the glass and the bowl in the sink and walks, passing by at me, his face flushed.
-
I eat a cerials.
-
The senior's hallway is packed. It's always like this. Collins and Kevin are playing God knows what. John is grabbing some books in his locker. John is such a nerd sometimes. He's the brain of our group, but he can be super mean sometimes. My eyes trail beside John's locker. Mike. It's Mike's locker. Did he already grab his book? Is he waiting for us to leave so he can grab his books? My gaze shifts to Chelsie's locker. Her locker is pink and has so many things inside it. It doesn't contain her books. Only girl-y stuffs are in it. From the corner of my eyes, I see Kevin blushing at what Collins said to him. He playfully smacks Collins and Collins just laugh.
-
Kevin and Collins have been different towards each other. They became closer. I've noticed it. It's like they are suddenly partners-in-crime through everything.
-
The bell rings.
-
We get to class.
-
As I enter inside the cafeteria, everything goes silent. The people are looking at me. Mostly the girls. Their stares make my blood boil. Some of them are giving me sympathetic looks, some are just to happy to see me without Chelsie by my side. I give them a look and they all start to talk again with their friends. When I reach our table, two chairs are empty. Mike and Chelsie's seats. John is about to spill his milk on Collins lap and Kevin gives him a glare. Tommy and Rolly are snickering at Collins. Kevin just rolls his eyes at the two.
-
"Uh oh," Tommy says, his eyes flickering to me and the person behind me.
-
"This is war," Rolly mutters as he rolls his eyes at the person behind me. I don't care at all. The unknown person speaks and my body freezes. The jocks look at me, worry plastered across their faces.
-
"Noah, can we talk for a moment?" Chelsie says as she puts her hand on my shoulder. I jerk away from her touch and glare at her. The people in the cafeteria are now looking at us, expecting a show.
-
"There's nothing to talk about," I snap coldly at her. She flinches at my cold tone and she just shakes her head and mumbles a 'please'. I nod at her. But that doesn't mean I'm going to forget and forgive her.
-
We both get out of the cafeteria, out of ear shot. We're on the rooftop of the new building. This was Chelsie and I's spot. But it's not now.
-
"Talk," I say as soon as we get there. The wind gushes, making my hair flow back and making it messy. I run a hand through it.
-
"Noah... I want you to know that I'm really sorry," she says, tears starting to pour out of her eyes. The eyes that I once loved. I still love it. Her words are breaking me again. Even the sight of her crying. "Mike and I. There's nothing between us. I love you. Not him."
-
"Then why'd you cheat on me?" I yell, frustration evident in my voice. "Why Chelsie? Because I fucking goddamn knew that I did all my best to satisfy you. Was I not enough?"
-
"No! Noah, it's not like that."
-
"Then why?"
-
"It's just lust"
-
"Lust?" I ask her, snarling. She keeps sobbing, sniffing as she tries to brush the tears away. "Are you fucking kidding me, Chelsie? Lust? Really? Was I not good in bed? Was that the reason why you got involved with Mike? My freaking best friend?"
-
She shakes her head and I scoff at her. She made a choice. She broke my heart. She chose that path. I leave her behind as she continues to cry. It pains me to hear her cries. It's best this way. It's best to end things. It's best to leave it that way. No more explanations. No more cheatings. Because I'm finally single again. When I get back at the cafeteria, it goes dead silence again. The only sound is the loud chattering of Gloss, Kaila, Ashton, and the rest of Gloss' bodyguards.
-
Gloss leans down and pokes Ashton in the cheek. God. I didn't know that Ashton goes here in my school. He leans down and pecks Gloss in the cheek and he blushes again. Damn Gloss! How can he forget our heated kiss last night so easily? How can he flirt with others? Kaila laughs at him, shaking her head at the both. The bodyguards are just laughing along with Kaila. Wait? Does Kevin know about that? Was Kevin Gloss' boyfriend? Questions that I don't have the answers to start to pop in my head at once.
-
The bell rings and the students get out of their seats and go to their respective classes. Kaila, Gloss, Ashton and the rest of the bodyguards go to the junior's hallway.
-
As I walk across the parking lot to get in my car, I see Kevin talking to Kaila. Kaila starts to squeal as she hugs Kevin and he hugs her back. Gloss just rolls his eyes at Kaila and scoffs. Kevin pinches his cheek and Gloss swats it, making Kevin laugh.
-
The jealousy sparks in my chest, making me grit my teeth in annoyance. God. How can he do this to me? Kaila and Gloss wave at Kevin and he waves back. Jes, Gloss' driver, talks to him and Kaila slips in the backseat as Gloss slips in the passenger's seat.
-
Kevin sees me and runs towards me.
-
"Hey, man!" He greets happily. Typical Kevin Kyle Sutherland. Always happy. "How, uh, did the talk with Chelsie go?"
-
"It went horrible,"
-
"Okay..."
-
"What was that?" I ask him, annoyance in my voice. Kevin gets to talk with Gloss and I'm not? That's fucking unfair! But then it's never fair when it comes to Gloss. But it's still unfair! Kevin gives me a confused look. "The talk with Kaila and Gloss? What was that?" I demand. He blushes crimson red and coughs fakely.
-
"Nothing," he mumbles, not looking at me.
-
"What about you and Gloss? The kiss?" His head snaps at me, his eyes are wide, like he's seeing ghost in front of him.
-
"How the... What the... How the hell did you know that?" He asks me, still wide eyed, his voice sounds nervous, his body trembling a little. He gulps. I just shrug.
-
"What's with you and Collins?" I ask him, tapping my foot impatiently. I arch an eyebrow at him. He flushes. "This last week, I've noticed that you guys are so close. And don't you dare lie to me, Kevin. I've had enough of shits. So you better tell me. We're best friends! Practically brothers."
-
"Well, you wouldn't want to know," he mutters, blushing furiously. I glare at him and he sighs. "Promise me you won't get mad at me." I nod at him. "Um, well, this is awkward, but... Collins and I... are... are... dating." He whispers the last part. My eyes nearly pop out of its sockets as I stare at Kevin. Kevin. Collins. Dating? What the hell? Kevin notices my expression and hangs his head down.
-
"What?" I shriek.
-
"Told ya, you wouldn't want to know," he says, almost sad. "We're dating." He whispers again, not looking at me. I look at him, studying his face. I never knew Kevin and Collins are totally gay. Then his eyes fill with sadness and his body tenses. He's afraid of me.
-
Kevin is afraid of me.
-
My mind flashes an images of myself shoving, bullying, threatening the gays of the school. And I did that only for fun. Kevin thinks I'm a homophobe!
-
"Kevin..." I whisper. He flinches. "It's okay with me." He looks at me, wide eyes, happiness swimming in his eyes. "You guys are my brothers. I'd never hate you guys. Just... don't back stab me, okay?" He nods eagerly. "So you and Collins are gay?" He nods again. "And are dating?" He nods.
-
"Well, I must threaten Collins to not break my little sister's heart."
-
"Noah!" He shouts, punching me on my arm. I rub it and glare at him. "Asshole." I chuckle.
-
We both part ways.
-
I freeze as I hear his voice. His voice. Pain, longing, sadness in his voice is scaring me, making me nervous.
-
"Noah, can we talk, please?"
-
It's Mike.