Chapter one ~ Taehyung

Ambulance. Hospital. Sickness. Death. Recovery. These are all things Taehyung is far too familiar with, well it would be if your father worked at a hospital wouldn't it? Ever since Taehyung was little he enjoyed accompanying his dad at work to see patients his own age, he'd laugh and play with the patients until it was time to go home. His favourite thing was making a sad child happy. He knew it must've been boring sat in a bed all alone so he did his best to entertain them. With school being in the way sometimes he didn't get to go much, he'd go after school sometimes and on the weekends, his favourite thing was to go during the school break since he could spend the whole day there but since he became older he managed to get a part time job which gave him plenty of time to go to the hospital with his dad. Tae and his dad had always lived together and Taehyung felt like it wouldn't be right to move out, his dad didn't mind too much so together they stayed, a happy little duo in their cozy home.

Taehyung mainly went to the younger children at the hospital, even as he grew older. Kids just seemed to like him and they were very easy to please but would always be sad to see him go, although it gets boring after a while being with kids, he missed having same interests as the patients and this year he turned 20 so there wasn't much he could talk about and enjoy with younger patients... except maybe kids programmes because Taehyung secretly watched some TV shows that a 12 year old would watch but he enjoyed.

On this particular day he decided he'd find someone close to his age to talk for a change. Besides if he didn't enjoy it he could always go back to the kids whenever he liked. Taehyung decided to dress casually in simple black jeans paired with a simple blue shirt with some simple trainers. That's how he liked things. Simple.

His Dad left for work at 7:30 am and would always get there with 10 minuets to spare. That gave them both time to grab a coffee together and then set off in their separate ways with similar intentions. By 7:20 Taehyung was ready, he'd showered, dresses, had breakfast, done his chores and brushed his teeth so now he simply waited on his phone. Texting and scrolling, the next 10 minuets flew by and his dad came downstairs and greeted him warmly with a smile.

His dad wasn't a very tall man but he wasn't short. He had a thick mop of brown hair that sat proudly on his head and his outfit would always be perfect and clean. No loose buttons, no creases, no stains. His clothing would always be immaculate even if it wasn't expensive. His eyes would shine whenever talking to his only son and he made sure to listen to every word. He had slightly rough hands from military work he once had to do but since then Taehyung had helped him use products to try and bring his skin back to its old ways. He ate a good healthy diet and so he could never be overweight even though he never goes to the gym. There was no doubt about it, Taehyung loved his dad, everything about him had its small quirk and Taehyung couldn't wish for anyone better.

"All set to go?" He fixed his tie and grabbed his keys.

Taehyung nodded and stood up following behind his dad.

"Alright let's go, who're you off to see today?"

"I was actually thinking about seeing someone my age today, which ward should I go to?"

His dad chuckled

"someone your age or your mental age?"

"Daaaaaaad" he whined

"Just checking since your mental age is a child"

He ruffled Taehyungs hair before leaving the house and unlocking the car.

"My real age of course, I love the kids but I just wanted a change" he locked the front door for his dad and then hopped into the car.

"Well in that case go to the fifth floor, theres a boy umm 18 years old I think? Came in last night I'm sure he'd enjoy your company"

he too got into the car, buckled his seatbelt and started to drive to the hospital. Taehyung nodded at his dads suggestion and looked out the window at the streets he knew far too well. Every ally every corner, each drain and neighbourhood cat, he'd seen them all and remembered it well but no matter how many times he saw each passing tree or building he'd always find himself in a trance looking out the window and watching everything pass by.

That's the way he liked it. In fact he loved it. The comfortable silence between him and his dad never bothered him and his dad didn't seem to mind either. They'd usually keep the radio off since neither of them would be paying attention to the music or boring traffic warnings so it seemed useless to them. Being up this early he'd always get to see the birds leaving their nests and the first rays of sunlight. It didn't rain often so the morning was always pleasant for him and his dad. Despite rain being annoying to Taehyung it never bothered him too much, he still found it pretty but felt sorry for all the animals out in the harsh weather. Luckily this morning it was nice and sunny with a calm breeze so Taehyung felt good about today and he was also excited to meet his hopefully new friend.