Chapter 16

It's been four weeks now since I slept over at Jimins place. I went home the next day and everything was just fine.  These weeks went by pretty smoothly, I've managed to avoid Jungkook as much as possible and if he texts me then Jimin covers up for me. Nicole and Taehyung have been spending a lot of time together. And since I didn't have any other friends I was close enough to, it automatically led to me spending more time with Jimin.

It's Thursday right now, which means it's my longest school day of the week unfortunately.  Mom's not home either, she's going to be gone until Monday because of work. It sucks, really. I barely see her because of that. But it's pretty chill to have the home for myself.

I decided to take the bus to school today, I didn't feel like walking. I went up on the bus, scanned my card and found a place at the back where I decided to sit alone. It wasn't far to my school but oh well. I just didn't feel like walking today. I was sitting with my phone and earphones plugged in, blocking out the world. After about four-five bus stops, I went off and headed to school. Class started in about twenty minutes. I went to the cafeteria to chill there until class started.

All of a sudden, Jimin texted me.

Jimin
Yo, where you at? Why aren't you opening the door? I've been ringing and knocking for like five minutes

I chuckled as I read it.

Y/N
I'm already in school
I took the bus, sorry

Jimin
I-
Unbelievable ._.
I can't believe you'd just leave me here hanging

I tried to hide my smile with my sleeves, so that no one would notice.

Y/N
Awe
Are you hurt? :)

Jimin
No, I'm Jimin

It took me a while to get his joke, but when I did I realized it was so lame, I just rolled my eyes.

Y/N
Damn, you should be a comedian
Would totally fit you
Make your own stand up show on Netflix

Jimin
You're probably insulting me yikes
At this point in my life I'm just questioning why we're friends

I checked the time and there was only about five minutes left until class started.

Y/N
You should hurry up
We start soon

Jimin
Let's make a bet

Y/N
About?

I took my bag and started to walk to class.

Jimin
I'll make it in time
Right before the time hits eight o'clock

I laughed for myself. Jimin? On time? Damn, that'd be something new.

Y/N
How much should we bet on?

Jimin
Not much
$10?

I was contemplating for a while until I gave in.

Y/N
Sure, I'm in
Good luck :)

Jimin
Save a seat for me ;)

Y/N
Will do :)

I myself had to speed up if I wanted to be in time for class.

I took a seat at the back and put my bag next to me so that no one would sit there. I checked the time and there was barely thirty seconds left. I didn't think he was actually going to make it, but I heard some heavy ass footsteps running down the hallway. And to my surprise (pls note the irony here) there was Jimin, panting. But he didn't stop there, he kept rushing until he was sitting next to me, I lifted my bag away and he sat down, panting really heavily. The moment that jibooty found it's seat, the bell rang.