Bees

(A/N Guess what Y'all I've decided to write a (really short) original sad story.  It's written in the POV of a bee and very, very, very not scientific but ehhhhh-)

I don't know what I expected, someone to wrap me up in pink fluffy blankets, take me inside and play some classical music while telling me I'd be okay? As if! I was so delusional 2 minutes ago, I could've gotten it over with quicker, let myself get stepped on my a shoe or something. But somehow my stupid brain decided that if I stung the little girl she'd treat me nicely while I spent my final moments, and now I've caused myself terrible pain.

I never quite fit in, in my hive. I never understood how my sisters could be so dedicated to the hive and not themselves. They let themselves be poked and prodded by young humans and it had never once crossed their mind that they could sting them. The only time we we're supposed to sting was if the hive was under attack, and even that was a last resort. All of us knew that if we stung we would die. So did my best friend... my sister...  One of the only people who understood me. She let herself die so that we could live another day. That was the thing I always hated about her. Her selflessness. Always gave away her portion of food to someone who needed it more. She was nice to everyone... And then she was gone.

For a while I had been studying the kids in close parameters to my hive, I had been planning my ultimate demise for a while, as idiotic as that was. And I found that the kindest human was the smallest girl with the long hair, the colour of honey. I watched as she stared in fascination at the caterpillar that crawled along her arm. Hazel eyes open wide, mouth a wide smile. If anyone was going to be kind to me, it would've been her... But she wasn't...

I flew onto her head the next day. Trying hard not to get tangled in her hair. She smelled like flowers, she was so sweet, and innocent, but it had to be done. I lept off her head and tried to as gently as possible sting her in the arm. She howled out in pain, a sound I had never heard her make before. And the pain was worse than I could've ever imagined. I fell all the way to the floor as the larger humans scooped her up and carried her away. 

Now I'm lying on the wood of the porch. Feeling my heartbeat slow. Listening to the sounds of the little girl crying. I don't know what I expected...

(A/N So... Have any of you been stung by a bee? Does it hurt a lot?)