bloom where you are planted

When I was five, I was so naive and wide eyed and I was happy. I got up everyday with a smile, ready to just play all day long.
When I was seven, I was happy I got first at the school spelling bee, but mom and dad didn't notice. They rarely noticed anything other than the alcohol bottle.
When I was nine, I didn't know why dad left and I was scared when he never came back. I didnt understand divorce or seperation.
When I was eleven, I understood that sometimes people fall out of love. I understood that it cant be forced.
When I was thirteen, I was scared and alone, only my friends and a blade understood me. I carved hurtful words into my arms in an attempt to escape my reality.
When I was fifteen, I wanted to change myself and the people around me. I cut my hair, changed my clothes, acted differently. I ditched the only friends I had in an attempt to be, I dont know, better.
At seventeen, I thought the world was shit and the only way to escape it was to die. I tried to kill myself 3 times in 5 months.
Now, at 19, I realize the world is beautiful, its the people who inhabit it that are ugly.
You must bloom from where you are planted. You have to accept that your life is what it is, and you have to grow from it. Grow from your past. Grow from your pain.