Attacked

*DISCLAIMER: THESE STORIES ARE ALL TRUE AND REAL, NOT MADE UP*

One night in 2012, I was having a hard time falling asleep. I kept tossing and turning, trying to relax my mind, but I was on edge, but I wasn't sure why.

It wasn't until around 11 PM that I finally fell asleep, and when I did, I was having some weird dreams.

In my dream, I was laying in bed, lights off, under the blankets, and getting ready to go to sleep...but I could see myself, as if it was an out of the body experience. I watched myself get ready to sleep when all of a sudden I heard this loud noise come from my parents bedroom. It startled me to where I completely froze in fright. It was something I didn't expect to hear.

By this time, I was back in my own body and I found myself quietly getting out of bed and walking towards my door. For some reason I had this feeling that something wasn't right. I wanted to make sure my parents were okay.

I quietly and slowly walked to my parents bedroom, keep in mind the house is complete darkness, which made it even scarier. When I peeked through the doorway I saw that they were fast asleep. I sighed in relief and walked back to my bedroom. But when I walked back inside, the atmosphere felt very different. It was heavy, almost like a claustrophobic feeling. I knew then and there that something wasn't right. Scared, I leaped into my bed and quickly got under the blankets.

All of a sudden, I saw this dark, black, shadowy figure climb ontop of me. My eyes widened as I felt the pressure ontop of my body, and when I went to scream, nothing came out. Before I knew it, the shadow man had his hands wrapped tightly around my throat and started choking me. I started coughing and choking, and didn't know what to do. I tried to get away but he was too strong. I couldn't scream, I couldn't move, and I was losing air. REALLY losing air. Everything was spinning, my body was growing weak and numb, and I knew in that moment that I was going to die.

By this time I couldn't breathe whatsoever and I was losing hope, so I did the only thing I could do...pray. Pray to God or to someone that was listening. I needed help.

Everything started to go blurry and black. I had lost hope and accepted that I was going to die. But...something changed. I saw the shadow man get off me and fly away quickly, as if someone scared him away. As soon as he left, I instantly woke up and found myself choking and coughing, trying to get my breath back.
I quickly jumped out of the bed and turned the light on. I felt my neck and noticed that it was burning hot so I moved over to my closet mirrors. I looked into the mirror, hoping to God I wouldn't find anything, hoping it was just a nightmare. But I was wrong.

I found a huge handprint on my neck as well as complete redness. I knew it wasn't my hand, because my hand was way too small. It was...inhuman. I freaked the hell out at this point and started crying, trying to figure out what the hell had just happened. What was it? Who was it? Why was it there? Why did it try to kill me? I couldn't understand what had just happened. But I knew then and there that it wasn't a dream at all. I was attacked. But by what?

-------------------------------------------------------
What did you guys think? Sorry if this seemed short or if my grammar sucked. Leave comments down below! I'm curious about your thoughts.

This story really brings back memories that I really don't like to relive, but I knew it would be perfect to share with you all. Have you experienced something like this?