Chapter 1

Peter and I walk down toward the beach we're it once buzzed with people and echoed with laughter and music. Now it's night and all is quiet now except for a few cars driving by and a few other teens that hopped the fence onto the sandy floor. As Peter lifts me over the fence my foot gets caught in one of the gaps and I fall flat on my face, Peter quickly leaps over to help me to my feet but I choose to pull him down instead so the other teeens don't see us. Of course we know them Sarah, Hannah and Kate are the three girls and the boys are Jake, Caleb, Jacob and Cale. We don't really get along with them because there pouplar and I guess you could say were kind of goth, scene, or emo. We creep along the sandy hills on the beach and blend into the shodows for cover when the hill part. When we reach their towels we run back for cover as they return from the water and crashing waves that pound against the shore at their feet. They giggle happily as they fall back onto the towel and let out a deep breathe from running. We decide to head back home at a slow pace and to deal with them later in the week. As we walk back an officer pulls over by us and look at us confused.

"Would you two like to tell me why your out so late in the night?"

Peter speaks up before I do so I go along with it "Well, Officer.... Caleb we're still out because we went on a walk through the town to scope it out because we're from out of town and we got lost. Sorry sir, but is there a reason we can't be out late?"

"Well sience your new to town I'll tell you what in the morning head east to the libray and ask Miss.J if you can have a book called 'Mystries on the history in Denver' alright and the book will tell you why I have to get back to work so you two hurry on home."

"Thanks Officer Caleb bye."

As he pulls away and drives toward the oppisite way we're going we start a jogging pace. We run for a while before we think it's clear to start walking again. When we slow are pace finially we reach my house and I have to climb through a window so I don't get caught, Peter lifts me up just like before and I jump in softly so I don't attract attention into the room. He climbs in after why I'm not sure but I sit at my desk and login to my computer while he stands behind me watching what I do. I look up at him and blow in his face, he laughs just a little and keeps his voice down.

He wispers in my ear "What are you doing Rini?"

"Just checking if those brats post anything about us."

"Oh well what does it matter we should do something that doesn't invole them."

"Maybe Peter, I think I need a little pain to keep my mind off that problem then and on something eles if you know what I mean?"

He nods. I walk towards the closet and grab a small black box and a pair of shorts. I look at him he's neon green eyes glisting in the candle light and move my finger in a circle for him to turn around. He listens after a moment of trying to figure it out and turns around. I slip my pants of and wiggle out of them almost tripping out of them then put the shorts on and poke Peter on the back. He smiles and takes the box out of my hand and opens it. Two long sharp blades apper, the tips splattered with flecks of blood and right next to it is a bottle of soapy water. I grab the watery substance and rub it on our legs and arms while Peter takes the blades out carefully. I lay out my left leg and he lays out his left arm, we pick up the blades and I look at my leg covered in deep cat like scratches and then look at his arm the same imprint as mine. I look up at him then back at my leg and the blade, I take the blade and press it against my previous cuts. The cold metal hits my leg and chills my leg sending it up threw my arms. Then the warm thick blood seeps out were the skin breaks and touches the metal making the blade warmer. I wince and wipe a smile across my face so he doesn't worry about me. After awhile I take the blades rinse them off, stick them back in the box and put the box in the closet. I lie back on the bed next to Peter, he wraps arms around my waist and falls asleep. I stay awake for a while holding his hands in my hands and thinking of how our life is. The officers haven't been calling people in at night until recent attacks from terriost and other crimnals or something like that and strange attacks that don't look very human or animal. I know it's silly to think about but those attacks had to be from mythical creatures and human like beigns. As I contuine I think why they're starting to pull us in before night fall, I fall asleep myself right next to Peter with his arms still wraped around my waist.

When I wake up Peter is still asleep so I hop out of bed and walk into the bathroom to wash the dired blood off before someone notices. As I'm washing my legs off, Peter steps behind me and looks in the mirror. Black circles line the underneath of his eyes and the blood smears the top of his lip from lying on his arms. I laugh a little and wipe his lip and arms off.  I pull him in around me and stand on my tiptoes, lean in towards him and press my lips softly againsts his, just barely brushing them. He smiles just a little and I smile back.

"We should get going, shouldn't we?"

"I guess, but wouldn't be more fun to skip school?"

"No. Rini that would be a terrible idea."

I lean in to kiss him a little more than a brush against his lips and he kisses back softly. He backs off briskly and his eyes lock onto mine, a tear glistens in them, a look of wierrness and terror. I think of a good reason to ditch school and I find one.

"Hey Peter that officer said we should check the libray so why don't we go check it out?"

"Fine better than school."

We head out of my parents house and head East toward the libary just like the officer said. When we reach the doors a blast of cold air hits my face. A lady comes to greet us when we approach the desk.

"Hello, my name is Miss.J and I'm thte librain here. May I help you?"

"Yes" Peter says "We're looking for a book called 'Mysteries on the history of Denver' Officer Caleb told us you could be of assitance."

"Oh so he did alright, I'll see what I can do for you."

She leaves us waiting in front of the desk. About an hour or so later she returns with a book about 700 pages or so. I can't belive there are books this big.

"Here we are, don't tell anyone you got it here okay."

"Alright thanks."