Forever

After the event with my father, I didn't know what to think. I didn't even want to talk about it.

Tori and Jade got the clue. Jade would occasionally glance back at me, making sure I was still alright. We had all gone over the line tonight, and violence wasn't usually in my wheelhouse.

"We're here." Jade announced, cutting off the engine and unlocking the car doors.

I opened my door, taking hold of Jade's leather tote.

"Wait," I said, looking up at the brick house, "This isn't my house."

"Correct." Jade answered. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the Vega household.

Tori approached the door and opened it. She held it open for Jade and
I, and guided us up to her bedroom.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We're staying at Vega's tonight." Jade stated matter of factly.

"We are?" I asked.

"You are?" Tori asked, looking straight at Jade.

"Yeah, lucky you." Jade responded.

"But what about our things?" I asked.

Jade lifted up a large pink tote, "Right here." She said, "I grabbed your stuff before we went to Tori's."

"Great..." Tori mumbled. "Well, I'll go get your beds set up. Just let me head down to get the air mattress." 

She brushed back a strand of her brown hair, "Or do you hate those too?"

"I do." Jade admitted, "It just depends on what Cat wants, really." 

Tori and Jade looked at me, awaiting an answer. 

"So?" Jade asked.

"So...?" I answered. I hadn't even been paying attention. 

Jade rolled her eyes, "Do you want to sleep on the air mattress?"

I pondered this, "No." I answered quietly.

"That's not very helpful." Tori said, "Since we don't have any guest rooms, you might as well sleep in my bed." She said sarcastically.

"Can we?" I said eagerly. 

"We?"  Jade and Tori said unanimously. 

"I-I mean I don't really give a crap." Said Jade, "Is your bed big enough?" 

"Yeah, it is." Tori responded, "you can get changed in my bathroom if you want." 

I didn't need for her to point it out, because I knew where it was.  I had slept over at Tori's house multiple times, so I knew every nook and cranny of her house. I grabbed my pink bag and guided Jade into the bathroom with me.

Since my figure was different now, I had to wear Jade's pajamas. It was a purple onesie with a gravestone pattern on it. 

"I thought you hated onesies." I said, while braiding my unkempt brown hair. 

"I do." She said, "But I know you love them, so I got those for you."

"Aw, you're sweet!" I said, nudging her playfully.

Jade grabbed the fabric of my pajamas, and pulled me close. 

"Never call me sweet." Jade threatened, letting go of the pajamas and let me fall to the floor.

"Jade, it was a compliment!" I said, rubbing the back of my head.

"Whatever." Jade said, watching me as I climbed into bed. I snuggled down deep under Tori's baby blue sheets, and pulled the matching blue quilt with white polka dots over me. Jade climbed in after me and switched the light off. I climbed over her and turned it back on.

She looked at me curiously, "Why'd you turn it on?" 

"Tori's not here yet." I replied.

"Yeah, about that. Why'd you ask to sleep in her bed?"

"'Cause I like snuggling with my two besties, and air mattresses are way too lumpy." I replied.

Jade shrugged, and snuggled deep under the covers herself. 

Tori came in two minutes later with three different DVDs.

"I found some of these old movies in my Mom's room." She handed the movies to Jade and I. I lowered my head to look at the different selections."

The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Pretty in Pink. 

"You're Mom must be a huge Molly Ringwald fan." I said, "I can't blame her though. She's my favorite actress from the eighties." 

"All cheesy though." Jade said.

"Well, which movie do you guys want to watch?" Tori asked.

"Can we possibly get diffrent movie-"

"Pretty in Pink!" I squealed.

"Let me guess, you chose that one since pink is you're favorite color." Jade said.

I nodded, then giggled. Jade rolled her eyes as we watched Tori insert the DVD. Grabbing the remote off of her nightstand, she joined us under the covers, choosing a spot next to Jade. The green-eyed brunette looked awkward upon having to sleep next to Tori Vega.

But all that was forgotten when the movie started, and the opening credits started to roll. The movie turned out to be about a girl named Andie (Molly Ringwald) who only hung out with her boss at the record store she worked at or her best friend Duckie, who had a crush on her. But when a popular kid asks her out, she realizes how hard it is to date someone from a different clique. 

I thought it was a excellent movie, and the girls seemed to think so as well. Even Jade laughed a couple times.

After the television was powered off, Tori clicked off the lights. I grabbed Jade's hand and scooted closer to her.  She squeezed my hand, knowing how terrified I was of the dark and reached over to turn the bedside lamp back on.

"Better?" She asked.

"Better." I said, with a firm nod.

She started to pull her hand away but I grabbed it, "Jade?" I asked.

She snorted, but I knew she was still awake,  "Are we going to be stuck like this forever?"

"No." She mumbled.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I just do." She said.

"But if we are-"

"We won't be." She reassured, squeezing my hand, "Now let me sleep." 

"Jade?" I asked again, tickling her inside elbow.

"What?" She asked, sounding frustrated.

"Will you promise me something?"

"I don't believe in promises." 

"Jadey please!"

"Fine what do you want?"

"That you'll be my friend, forever."

"Seriously? That's what you woke me up for?" Jade grumbled.

Cat's lip trembled, and Jade sighed.

"Of course I will, you idiot." 

"Forever."

"Forever and ever." 

And with that, we fell asleep.