Chapter 4: Confusion (Davis's POV)

"Dude, let's go grab some ice cream. I'm starving" My friend Ryan grabbed his stomach, a look of agony crossed his face that sent me into a fit of laughter.

"Man, you're FACE!" Just thinking about it make me laugh again. That's why we were friends, we could just laught at the stupidest things.

"Aw, c'mon, I'm really craving ice cream right now," Ryan said, pleading with his eyes.

"Yeah, sure, its ice cream you're craving. More like another session of eye-raping Chelsea" I snorted. He had a thing for Chelsea since 3rd grade, and never got over it. He was just too much of a pansy to actually try talking to her. Not like he'd actually get a chance.

Chelsea was one of the hottest girls at school. She had great hair, long legs, smokin' body, the works. She always had a crowd of guys around, but she ignored them for the most part. I used to date her freshman year, but once I realized what a bitch she was I dumped her, but she hasn't gotten the message.

She was always was too clingy, too controlling. She spent so much time using me to boost her popularity and making other girl's jelous to actually have a relationship with me. I felt like she never really cared about me, but even once she tried to make an effort, it was too late. I was just tired of it.

Anyway, she still hasn't given up on trying to win me back. Normally I would be thrilled with a girl throwing herself at me, but because it was Chelsea, it just annoyed me. Ryan though I was the luckiest guy in the world. Meh.

Meanwhile, I relented to Ryan's pleading, and we entered Lucy's. Ryan's eyes travelled right to Chelsea, who just happened to be working here. As I looked around, every other guy's eyes were zeroed in on Chelsea too, no doubt staring at her tits. Not that I could blame them, she definitely had a good body. I just wasn't into her anymore, and didn't think I ever would be.

We walked up to the counter. Ryan was trying to be (unsuccessfully) smooth, and ended up tripping over the leg of a chair on our way there. I sniggered under my breath, and Ryan gave me a death glare.

When Chelsea saw me, she shamelessly pushed out her chest, giving me a sad attempt of a sexy smile. I could tell the rest of the guys in the store appreciated it.

"Hey cutie, what can I get for you today?"

I grimaced. "Just the chocolate." Chelsea grabbed a cone from the stack, a dramatically walked over the the ice cream cooler. She leaned down to grab the scooper, he shoulder dipped down, her body angled toward me, giving me full view of her cleavage. I sighed to myself. How little respect did she have for herself? Disgusted, I turned away. From the corner of my eye, I could see her frown. She immediately started making lower dips, taking deep, labored breathes as she dug into the ice cream. I admit I was tempted, but I didn't want to get into this again.

I could see Ryan behind me, shamelessly enjoying the show, along with all the other guys in the store. When she finished, I quickly paid and headed over to a table farthest away from her.

Soon after, Ryan joined me at the table. "Dude, I swear that you are the luckiest guy in the world! Why don't you ever tap that?"

"You know why, and I don't want to talk about it" We sat there for a while, enjoying our ice cream. I contented myself with watching the customers come in and out of the store. Suddenly, a girl that I hadn't seen before walked in.

 She gracefully walked into the store with confidence, and I couldn't help but stare. If Chelsea was 9 out of 10 for hotness, This girl literally broke the scale. She was perfect in everyway. She had clear, even-toned skin, athletic body, gorgeous hair that moved like water around her shoulders, and a figure that was curvy in all the right places, if you know what I mean.

I saw her take her order, chocolate. Now that was my kind of girl! I quickly looked around the store to see if anyone had caught me staring blatantly at her. To my surprise, every single guy in the store was transfixed by her beauty as well. I felt a deep attraction to her from within me, like some sort of invisable force.

She had finished ordering, and began to walk to a table outside. I longed to sit with her, to be near her. As she looked back inside, I caught her gaze, but she didn't pause to look long. Mustering up my courage, I decided to follow her outside to her table. Ryan didn't say anything as I left, his gaze was still locked on Chelsea's chest. I walked outside, and pulled up a chair to her table.  

“Hey, my name is Davis. What’s yours?” I said, trying to start a conversation. She eyed me suspiciously.

“Um, my name’s Claire… ” She replied shyly. I could tell she was getting nervous, so I tried asking her some more questions to get a conversation going. She seemed like an interesting person to talk to. I could see myself getting lost in her ocean-blue eyes forever. They seemed to swirl with all the colors of the sea… I brought myself back to reality.

“Cool, are you new around here? I’ve never seen you here before” I stumbled out, trying to not get distracted by her beauty again. “Will you be coming to Virginia Beach High for school this year?”

 Her face took on a paniced expression, and I got worried. Was it something I said that made her uncomfortable?

“Uh, hey… Davis? I gotta go right now. It was nice meeting you.”

Claire pushed back her seat, glancing worridly around her. She then quickly ran off, without a glance back. I tried to follow her through the crowds with my eyes, but she seemed to run inhumanly fast, and before I knew it she was gone.

What the hell just happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N): Okay, my first POV from a guy. Whast do you think? Anything to improve on/criticism? Sorry its a bit short... Thanks so much for reading this, and if you like it, please comment/vote! Thanks! :D