XXXIII

"Misook?!"

The female stood on the other side of the open door, her hair tied back in a neat pony tail with a few fly-away hairs around her face. Her expression was not friendly.
No, it was far from it.

Her eyes were narrowed slightly, her right cheek was sucked in and her thin pink lips were pursed tightly together.

Jungkook knew what she was here for.

"Nice to see you too, Kook." She drawled.
"Why are you here? Namjoon isn't-"
"I'm not here for Namjoon and you know it." She cut him off harshly.

Jungkook pursed his lips. "How did you know I'd be here?"
"I asked him." Misook crossed her arms. "Told him we were friends." Her gaze moved to look at the expensive car in the driveway, which belonged to Taehyung. "Or at least I thought we were."

"I thought we were too until you accused my boyfriend of being a monster." Jungkook narrowed his eyes, and Misook's widened in return. Her lips parted, as if intending to speak but not having the right words to say.

The look of shock soon became bitter. "Boyfriend?" She shook her head. "I cannot believe you, Jungkook. You're a fucking idiot. He could kill you!"

"No, Misook. Even if he could, he wouldn't. You would know that if you didn't have your head up your own ass." Jungkook was about to close the door but she put her leg in front of it to keep it open.

"Oh my head up my ass? What about you, Jeon? You won't even open your eyes to the fact you're dating a fucking murderer!"

Jungkook stared at her with furious eyes. "Leave." He hissed, the tone dangerously quiet.

But Misook didn't budge. She held the intense, angry gaze, almost daring him to make a move.

"You're taking awhile, is everything okay? Who's at the door?"

Jungkook immediately straightened up, but Misook slowly looked to see who the man was that was entering the entryway of the small home.

Her almond eyes widened, then immediately narrowed once again. She had a dangerous look on her face, one that could kill.

"You." She snarled.

Taehyung, however, was baffled. He stopped behind Jungkook, looked at his boyfriend in hopes for some hint as to who the woman at the door was. When all he saw was a stone cold expression, he directed his eyes back to the fuming female.

"Me?" He blinked, running a hand through his blonde hair. "Ah, I'm sorry. Do I know you from somewhere...? I've been meeting a lot of people as of late, so forgive me for not remembering."

"Don't try that sweet talk bullshit on me." Misook spat.
Taehyung, still thoroughly puzzled, squinted in confusion. He wasn't trying to sweet talk her, he was trying to genuinely apologize. What was her deal?

"Tae, this is Han Misook." Jungkook cut in with a forced introduction through grit teeth. "She was just leaving."

"You wish, Jeon." Misook glared, then stared back at Taehyung.

Taehyung gave her a warm smile despite the tension in the air. "It's lovely to meet you, Ms. Han." He bowed respectfully. "How do you know Jungkook?"

Misook stared at him in bewilderment and irritation. Was he serious right now?

"I can't believe this." She scoffed. "June 12th. Where were you."

Taehyung stared at her in complete confusion. That was more of a demand than a question and he wasn't quite sure what the point was. He had only just met this woman, and she was already asking about his whereabouts on a certain date?