Bite 3

Kirsten's POV

I opened my eyes and saw a red carpet on the floor towards an unusual large chair with the combination color of black, red and gold. It covers with different kind of expensive stones.

Is that a throne?

From my position, I saw a woman  fiercely sitting like a queen. And worse, she is looking at me.

Her face... her face looks the same as mine. Am I looking at a mirror? I felt goosebumps.

"What are you doing here?" The woman asked. I felt authority shouts within her.

I froze. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko. Masyadong nakakatakot ang aura niya. Feeling ko isang maling galaw ko lang, mawawala na ko sa mundo-- sa lugar na tinatayuan ko.

"Your highness, I'm here to deliver the message from the king of Erclabè Empire." I heard a man's voice.

May lalaking naglakad sa likod ko at tila tumagos ang katawan niya sakin.

Wait-- they don't see me?

"And when did you start to be the messenger of that empire?" She asked coldy and firmly.

"Darling, don't be so bitter. I've been theirs at the very beginning." The man said. Seems like the man didn't feared the woman he's talking to. May halong pang-asar ang tinig nito.

Hindi ko makilala ang lalaking ito dahil nakatalikod siya mula sakin. But I can say the he is masculined and bravery is shouting within him.

"What are trying to say? That I stole you from your so-called-precious-empire? I will never. And if ever I'll steal something, I would choose the better one. The one that I can use, not the one that will use me." The woman said in normal tone unlike earlier which is colder. But still, you can see authority in her.

I don't know what are they talking about. But there is something inside me feels that there is message behind their conversation. But I still can't figure it out.

The man will say something but he was cut by the furious knocks on the big door.

Before I can look back, everything went black.

~*~

I slowly open my eyes when I heard sequence of knocks on my door.

Argh. What's with the hurry? Can the person behind the door wait?

Wait--- mag-isa lang ako rito sa bahay ah.

Nagmadali akong tumayo at napatingin sa wall clock sa left side ko. Shoot. Its already 8:48 in the morning.

"Kirsteenn! Wake up, you sleepy head. You're already late in your morning class."

I heard a female voice outside my room. Is that auntie?

Oh my-- I immediately went to the door and opened it. Sumalubong sakin ang mukha ng tita ko na nag-aalala.

"Why being so lazy? Don't you know, you're already late in your class?" Naka-kunot na kilay agad ang bati sakin ng only tita ko.

Instead of answering her. I hug her tight.

"How I missed you tita!" I said while hugging her.

"I missed you too, darling. But don't you mind to go to bathroom and take a bath? And I'll tell you this for that nth time, Irshi. You are already late in your class." I chuckled at her. She is like my mom, very good at scolding me.

"I don't mind tita." I laughed. "Anyways, when did you came home? You should have told me para nasundo kita."

"Kani-kanina lang. I-surprise sana kita pero ako ata ang na-surprise sayo. Masyado ka na atang napapagod ah. You're not like that. I remembered last time we were in the same house, ikaw laging umaga nagigising kahit na late ka na natulog." She said while pouting.