Chapter 6

"A bunch of friends and glass of vodka is all you need to mess your life."

~♡~

"What a show that was." Jen squealed, digging her nails into my skin in excitement.

"You know he did that because the media was around." I rolled my eyes at her.

Ever since we got married, Ethan has been showing minimal interest in what people thought about his marriage. There were absolutely no pictures of his wedding on Instagram, not even a tweet about how he's excited over this new journey. He tried to dodge most of the questions regarding his marriage in most of his interviews, making people find it odd all the way.

She narrowed her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me. I know you liked it too."

"Of course, anyone would like it. It was a kiss!" I said, without thinking.

"How did you feel?" She said, pointing to my stomach. "Butterflies?"

"Are you guys depressed of lack of romance in your love life? Do you want me to have a session with the boys?" I asked her. Why was everyone so interested in my love life??

"Why would we? If anything, we're over the edge of having a baby!" She laughed.

"Then why is everyone excited over getting us back together like you guys are some depressed single-since-sixteen-years girls?" I said, trying hard to not glare at her. I don't want pictures that I'd regret to have on Internet clicked right now.

"Hey, first of all, we aren't excited about this because of lack of romance in our love life. And secondly, we're just really good friends that you have that care about your love life too. We want you to be happy!" She said, holding me by my arms.

"I am happy!" I defended.

She gave me an accusing look. "You have a frown on your face always and you barely even smile. And for the past six slash seven years, you were just weeping around thinking you're doing fine but you weren't. And despite being married to the only man you ever loved, you still don't seem to have the time of your life. You're barely even living, Skylar. You're merely surviving with him."

I gave her a look. "You know me too well, Jen." I said. "But you know I'll tell you if I'm not feeling okay, right?"

"Exactly, that's the point." She said, clutching her hair in frustration "You'll talk to me only when you're not okay. But I want you to share with me even if you're not happy with Ethan."

"You know how we started off." I said, sighing. "It was a marriage we committed because we had no choice left."

Her lips twitched. "Am glad you're using 'we' instead of 'he'." She said. "Two days is a good time for progress."

"That was.. a slip of the tongue." I coloured.

"Yea, sure." She said, a smirk playing along her lips.

I scowled at her. "Are we going to go inside?"

"We can't leave your husband alone, he might ditch us and go back home." She said. "It's my job to get you both inside."

"Should I be worried of what you planned for us tonight?" I asked. Honestly, I wouldn't be worried even if she had something stupid planned. Like a game of beer pong, or the spin the bottle.

There wouldn't be any surprise if she just threw us onto the dance floor and forced us to dance together just so she could have the contentment that we did something intimate, although we'd hate every second of it.