Chapter 11

Ethan drew himself back as soon as our lips met. He pulled me away from himself suddenly by my shoulders. I felt like a bucket of cold water was splashed on my face instantly.

Confusion crossed his face as soon as we broke apart. It's like he never expected me to do that. Similar thoughts ran inside my head. I was surprised to have pulled such an act.

But what was more bothering was the fact that he broke the kiss. Like he was disgusted by it.

He took a step back and stared at me with an unreadable expression. And then, all of a sudden, he walked away.

Music played behind me as I saw his retreating back into the crowd. Other couples were in trance, dancing in solace. I felt mortified surrounded by such perfect couples. An overwhelming feeling crept inside me and the need to be away from the crowd for into me.

I quickly left the dance floor and headed outside. No one was paying attention to us so I could easily get out of their sight. I was relieved when I found the rest room as soon as I stepped out of the hall.

I opened the door in urgency and entered inside. I locked the door behind me and tears spilled out of my eyes.

I crouched down on the floor and held my mouth from from whimpering. I tried to stop myself from crying but the constricted feeling and the tightness in my chest of too much to bear. And the urge to let it all out was too strong.

I grabbed a bunch of tissues and constantly rubbed my face with them in an attempt to swipe the tears away. Silent muffle escaped my lips as tears kept running down my cheek.

I didn't understand why it felt so painful for me to take the rejection. It felt as though I was not expecting it anytime soon.

It really surprised my how Ethan just ripped me away from him like that. Like I was throwing myself over him against his wish. What about all the times he carelessly pulled me in for a kiss on the streets just so the media could believe we were hopelessly in love?

I never made a big deal out of it. Nor did I ever react in a manner like he just did! He could have at least thought that I kissed him for the exact same reason.

Endless tears stained my face as my heart refused to take the rejection from him. I felt disgust pour through me for kissing me. I felt so weak at the moment that it seemed impossible for me to control myself.

Although we aren't in love anymore, I never felt the disgust in kissing him. I still had something that made me make the first move. But his rejection proved an entire new point in this relationship.

Images from a seven years ago poured in front of my eyes. Several events of people leaving me because they didn't want me slipped before my eyes. My mom, dad, Nick and now Ethan.

All my life I was abandoned my people I love. No one could love me back like the way I did. And now, Ethan left me to.

I laid there on the floor until my cried died down. I got up from the floor and straightened my dress. I couldn't stay there for any longer. I grabbed the door and opened it. Without any second thought, I left the party.

Music was still playing in thr distance when I called for the driver. He opened his mouth but didn't speak anything when he noticed my miserable state. He opened the door for me and I entered the car.

Soon, we hit the road. My phone pinged at my side, catching my attention. I checked it and learned that I received a few texts.

What the fuck, where are you guys? - Jen.

And why are you dodging my calls? Don't you dare say you want some alone time with your... you know who. - Jen.