Chapter 1

"Oscar Nuelle, get your ass over here. Now!" I growled, adjusting my glasses that were covered in rainbow confetti.

Oscar came to sight with a camcorder. He was laughing hysterically, clutching his sides.

"April fools!" He exclaimed once he sobered up a little.

"You are so dead." I mumbled, shaking off some confetti.

"Aw c'mon, Noms. It was just a tiny confetti canon." He said trying to get me to calm down.

I scoffed. "Yeah, a confetti canon that almost gave me a heart attack." I hissed. "How did you even get that thing in my locker?!" I demanded.

"I know your combination, you say it every time you unlock your locker." He stated as if it's the most obvious thing.

"Damn you and you're good hearing." I mumble under my breath.

"Heard that! And you know you love me." He sang, shutting his camcorder and adjusting his grey beanie. He wasn't one of those hipster dudes who thought everything was too 'mainstream' for them-no offense to hipsters at all, I respect your likes and dislikes-, he just looked good in one. And his hair was sometimes pretty out of control.

"Yeah, I do love you, Ossie. But as a friend." I reminded him sternly. Ever since we met, he's been attempting to get me to kiss him since then. When we we're 12, he said he was in love with me. And he has not stopped reminding me. You're probably wondering: Why don't I just kiss him and get it over with? Well the problem with that is because I still haven't had my first kiss. And call me ancient but I want it to  be with someone pretty special to me/

Sure, Oscar is special to me, but not in that way. I like him as my dorky friend not my dorky boyfriend. And I've told him that, but he just doesn't give up. I don't get why he likes me so much, though. I'm not much. I have plain brown hair. I wear plain jeans and t-shirts. I wear huge plain glasses. I'm not funny, hot, cool. I'm lame, pale, sarcastic. I'm not exactly popular either. I'm practically invisible. So there's not really much to love.

"I still don't understand why you won't just admit your love. I mean, we're perfect for each other!" He exclaimed with all seriousness.

I let out and audible sigh. "Oscar, you're a great guy, there's no denying that. But we're perfect for each other in a sense of friendship." 

"You'll warm up to the idea someday, until then, I'm not giving up on that kiss that you still refuse to give me."

"Maybe if you were better at coloring, you would've gotten that kiss a long time ago." I teased.

"You were cheating!" He exclaimed.

"How do you cheat in a coloring contest?" I ask.

"I don't know what kind of voodoo you use to make you color faster." He mumbled.

"It's called skill." I sang, patting his back. "I'll see you after school!" I called back as I walked to class. I started to jog because I only had five minutes before the tardy bell. I mad it with two minutes to spare. I sat in the back and took down some notes.

The rest of my classes went by pretty quickly.  I met up with Oscar in the parking lot.

"Let's go, before my mom has a heart attack." Oscar yelled at me, running to the driver's side. Oscar's mom is super paranoid. If he's not home in half an hour after he was expected home, she calls the FBI for a search party.

"Can you come over to my house and just text your mom? I need help finishing my History project, it's huge and there's a shit ton of work. Please, please, please, please!" I pleaded.