02

(outfit for this chapter starts after the breakfast scene)

The sound of pots and pans slamming downstairs was enough to stir Francesca awake. Groans escaping her lips as she sits up, swinging her legs over the bed and shuffling her way downstairs. She yawned as she turned into the kitchen. Her nose scrunched up at the smell of burnt food, but the sight in front of her warmed her heart.

Richie and Joe rushing around the kitchen, swearing under their breaths. She leaned against the door frame with a smile on her face. Joe glanced up, his worried eyes landing on her and softening. "Oh thank fuck!" Richie yelled. "We were trying to do something nice for you since you are basically both of our moms and we just made a shit storm in the kitchen. Joe thought the eggs were rotten, but we cooked 'em anyways."

He continued rambling, throwing dish after dish in the sink. "... And then they burnt. And the milk stinks so these pancakes are no good." A giggle escaped Franny's lips as she kissed both of their cheeks, taking the pan of blackened eggs from Joe's hands. "It's okay guys, the thought was really sweet. I appreciate my boys." They sighed in relief, and thanked her. "Now go sit down, we can clean up later but how about I throw some eggos in the toaster, yeah?" She hums, filling the dishes with water and leaving them to soak. Joe and Richie agreed, opening windows on their way to the living room, desperately trying to rid the house of the awful smell.

Minutes later Franny shuffled out of the kitchen with a plate stacked with the glorious waffles. She brought the toppings with her, peanut butter, fruit, syrup, but Richie's favorite, marshmallows. She always tried to get the boys to eat better, warning Richie his teeth would fall out and rot by the age of 16. Both boys dug in with multiple 'thank you's along the way. She merely smiled, snagging a single eggo before they were gone. She walked to the front porch, wanting to quickly grab the mail before the neighbors see her.

She held her eggo in her mouth, attempting to sing Cindy Lauper while digging through the box. Yes, with the eggo in her mouth. "Uh, Franny?"

Shit. Shit. Oh shit fuck.

She spun around, eyes wider than ever. She quickly reached behind her, shutting the door. Stanley stood there with a smirk on his face as he looks at the state she was in. She too noticed her outfit. One of Joe's shirts, pajama shorts with little candy canes all over them, messy hair and an eggo hanging out of her mouth.

She yanked the eggo out and forced a nervous smile, "Hey Stanny, whatcha doin' here?" She chuckled, her heart beating a million miles an hour. "It's 11, we said we were all going to the Barrens remember?" He said, holding back his laughter. Fuck, oh fuck. She didn't know why she was so nervous right now, but no matter who it was she would be embarrassed. She peered around him, her eyes meeting Eddie and Bill on their bikes, laughing at the scene in front of them. Eddie went as far as making kissy faces towards the pair while Bill drew a heart in the air with his hands.

"What's that smell?" Stan cringed. "Richie tried making breakfast and burnt it all to hell." She laughed, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Richie? Did he spend the night?" Stan asked, looking confused. She didn't know why he was so curious, and honestly he didn't either. He knew their relationship, and now knew Joe wouldn't let it happen either.

"Yeah he fell asleep watching movies last night. I'll go get dressed and we'll be right out." She rushed, not wanting him to see her like that a second longer. She flipped around, a little too quickly as she ran into the door. "Fucking hell." She muttered, turning the handle and slipping inside. She dashed into the dining room, her face brighter than a tomato. "If you need me I'll be in my room, hoping that my intolerable life will be ending soon." She ranted, dropping the mail on the table and throwing away her eggo when the boys weren't looking.