Preparations for the field trip

The next day was the same. But had a new brightness to it. Karma joined the group conversation rather than hanging back or teasing someone *COUGH COUGH NagIsA COUGH COUGH* You could say Lady more than thrilled.  Kayano brought yummy treats that Lady was able to snatch a few of.
   "Yummy! Strawberry?" Lady exclaimed. Kayano nodded, pleased her friend liked it. Delight's little comment came to mind and Lady quickly stuffed the treat into her mouth, trying to get rid of the thought before she did something embarrassing. However the most amazing thing was the trip they were going on in a few days! The school trip to Kyoto! However tempting it was to go with her friends, they already made a group without her (cri cri) so she went with another. It was a weekend trip so there was a few days to prepare.
    Lady could barely pay attention to Karma as he tried to tutor her. Her mind drifted off.
  "-dy, Lady!" Karma's voice snapped her back.
   "H-huh? What did you say? 42?" Lady squeaked. Karma rolled his eyes.
  "No Baka," He said.
"Hey! You're the bakabane!" She huffed, "I don't want to do stupid math!"
   "Well it shows in your scores," He hissed. They just stared at each other for a moment.
    "Anyway I asked if you knew the square root of 144," He said annoyed.
   "Well yeah it's 12," Lady replied. Karma nodded and continued helping her on the worksheet.
.
.
.
   Lady closed the book with a sigh. Finally they were done. They packed up in silence.
   "You going home?" Karma asked. Lady shook her head.
    "No I have something to do." She said. He shrugged and walked out of the room without her. Her gaze lingered on the outside view. The sun was setting soon. She grabbed her stuff and ran out. But instead of going down the hill, she ran into the forest. Dropping her stuff into a bush, she climbed the big tree. When she reached the top, she inhaled and looked out at the beautiful view in front her. Lady felt the temptation of falling and unconsciously loosened her grip on the branch. She stopped herself. Delight wouldn't know...but she stopped herself.
   "None of that," She murmered to herself. The sun began setting, bathing the world in warm, soft light. The clouds drifted in a laze. With a reluctant sigh, she climbed down. It was dangerous to be out at night. She grabbed her stuff and ran down the mountain almost falling a few times. Grace was not her speciality. She made it home safe. She dumped her bag on her table and got in the shower. An half hour later, she was in her pajamas and making a list of everything she needed for the trip.
      "Definitely some manga...hair clips in case I want to spice it up...Oh my Irene my first field trip! So exciting!" She said as she talked to herself. She finished her list and placed it on the bedside table with her glasses before going to bed.
.
.
.
FIELD TRIP NEXT CHAPTER WOOP WOOP- Author~chan