Prologue

"What will happen If I join?"

"Hmmmm... there's a chance you'll live."

"What will happen If I don't?"

"You'll die."

" . . . in which the only way to live
is to die . . . "

JOIN or DIE

**

PARISIEN ACADEMY

A school in the middle of an old city. An institution that teaches different type of things. Academics and such. But that's not just it. It's just the surface. It's a school made for delinquents, gangsters, mafia heirs/heiresses, brats, and black sheeps. You can say it's a product of insanity, building a school like that. However, when you're city isn't experiencing any shit caused by teenage gangs, you should be thanking them.

But, don't expect that they are trying to straighten up their crooked paths. Actually, the school is shaping them to lead the underground society. Mafia, Mobs, Syndicates. All types.

They also have an annual game called JOIN or DIE. A game which the players are chosen randomly from each guild inside the school. Dark Continent, Candy Kingdom, Black Swords, Shadow Wreaths, Killing Willow, Grim Castle and Reaper Assylum. These seven guilds are fighting for one position. To be the guild of the year.

Each guild holds more or less 300 students, from 1st year to 3rd year, ages 17-20. The chosen players are devoted to join the game, a game where the risk of dying is big, if you reject, you'll die either way.

Each guild have their guild masters, they are or not students of the school. Each guild masters have three Ace members. If an Ace member is chosen to play, he/she can decide if she'll join or not, no catch. The remaining guild members are divided into 5 different fractions: The Healer, The Seer, Defense, Offense, and the Team Captain. One is chosen for each fractions to participate in the game.

The game is held outside the school, but only the premises of the city. It's a group tag game. The objectives is to survive with the heighest remaining members or heighest acquired points. The points are based on the watches of the opponent. Each player have three watches. The yellow corresponds for 20 points. The orange corresponds for 50 points. And the red corresponds for 100 points. If the watch is broken by an opponent, the points are given to them. However, if it's broken by a natural cause, no one benefits it, even the holder. Team Captain on the otherhand, as the carrier of the whole group, they take a hold of another watch that corresponds to 5000 points. Losing a member is almost fine, but losing a captain can guarantee you a loss of 5170 total points in an instant. Instant kill can take all the points away. You can steal it if you're afraid to kill someone. Trade it if you're afraid to be killed.

The remaining students can watch the game inside the school campus. Usually, the game goes on for 3 months, on the record. There are real illusions made inside the city's premises, for the food, medicine and the needed things. However, you need to trade some points for it. That is why, Team Captains always survive.

The losing team will never be saved after announcing the winner. The guildmasters will kill the losing team, making the game a Die or Die game.

The game was made 42 years ago. Done annualy, on September, 2nd week. It's a sacred game to entertain the high bosses of each underground society in the whole world.

LAST YEAR'S WINNER: Dark Continent