Chapter 16: Reunited

A/N: This is a continuation of a Human Journals AU story I have written on a different account. You can read the first 15 chapters at my other account at lmwilliams724

Zwei stared down at the two miniature figures in front of him. One was someone he didn't recognize, but the other... It was his brother. His brother! 

"Z-Zwei...?" Drei breathed out, his golden eyes staring into Zwei's. Zwei felt like he couldn't breathe, like the world had froze, and it was just he and his baby brother. "Is it... really you...?" Zwei felt the world start to move again as he rushed over to the desk and scooped up the jar, holding it closer to his face for inspection. His eyes widened even more. It really was his brother! It was really Drei! Those were his bright golden eyes, his freckled face, It was really Drei!

"Drei!" Zwei exclaimed, tears of joy springing to his eyes. His little brother's face lit up with the same happiness and began to tap his hands against the glass of the jar frantically.

"Zwei, I thought you were... I thought you were gone! Is this where you guys have been the whole time? Where's Eins? He's okay too, right?" Zwei frowned.

"I... Don't know where Eins is, Drei," he answered, and Drei's face fell, "But, we'll find him together. Once I get you out of this mess." Zwei glanced at the other boy in the jar, who kept staring between him and Drei. "Both of you." 

Zwei then set the jar back on the table and opened it, tipping the two boys into the palm of his hand.

"Alright, time for explanations," Zwei declared, sitting in the chair of the desk, which was honestly way too small for him. "Who wants to go first?" Drei and the other boy glanced at each other, then Drei sighed.

"We got a hold of a height altering crystal and ended up screwing up really bad, causing Gideon to get his hands on it," he briefly explained.

"Um, correction," the other boy with the hat growled, "you screwed up and let Gideon get to it."

"Excuse me?"

"You're the one who was being a jerk and trying to take my crystal away!"

"First off, it's not your crystal! And second, are you kidding me right now, Dipper?! You're the one who went growth spurt crazy and kept making yourself taller, then acted like a maniac when I tried to change you back!"

"Oh, I'm the maniac? You-"

"That's enough," Zwei interrupted, giving the two kids a stern look, "Now is not the time to be at each other's throats." Drei frowned, but nodded, while the other kid, whose name was apparently 'Dipper', shot and glare at Zwei. "Okay, now that that's settled, we need to come up with a plan-"

"Wait," Drei interrupted, looking at his older brother, "I want to know what happened to you, Zwei. How in the world did you end up here, with Gideon?" Zwei frowned and sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Well, it was a few years ago... Before Gleeful was even popular," he started, "he found me near the elementary school apparently, I was still asleep in journal form so things are a little fuzzy. But, Gleeful took me back here and I woke up stuck on a bookshelf. I freaked and transformed, and once Gleeful figured out a was magic, he kept me locked up here." Drei was listening intently as Zwei continued, "He manipulated me into helping him become what he is today, promising that he'd help me find you and Eins when he was stronger. But, I should have know that was a punch of crap." Zwei clenched his fist that wasn't holding the two boys. How could he have been so stupid? He helped Gideon become a crazed maniac that actually wanted to kill people, most specifically, Zwei's brother. 

"I'm so sorry, Zwei," Drei said softly, "I should have searched for you. I should have gotten out of my hiding spot sooner..." Zwei shook his head, ruffling his brother's shaggy auburn hair with his index finger.

"Drei, it's not your fault, you were trapped. You had no idea what was going on." he said, and Drei smiled, and Zwei realized how much he missed that certain smile. "Now, time to brainstorm, we need a plan to get you guys back to your normal height." Drei and Dipper nodded.

"We need to get the crystal back somehow," Dipper said, earning a small glare from Drei. 

"And how do we get to it, genius?" he asked. 

"Easy, we go after him," Dipper shot back. Drei rolled his eyes.

"We're one inch tall, dude! How are we supposed to do that?"

"That's where I come in," Zwei grinned. The two boys looked up at him.

"But, can you leave? Did Gideon put any kind of spell on you?" Drei asked. Zwei hesitated slightly, remembering that the only spell was the one that turned him into his journal form at his command. 

"Nope, it'll work out perfectly," Zwei finally answered, and stood up. He then gently tucked the two boys into the small pocket on his shirt. "Let's go, then! Time to save the day, kids!" he declared before opening the window in Gideon's room and jumping out of it, Drei and Dipper screaming as they fell to the ground.

A/N: *smokebombs into room* GUESS WHO'S BACK! BACK AGAIN!

YAY! THE HUMAN JOURNALS STORY STARTS AGAIN!!! 

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update it, there was just so much going on over the summer, and then I had huge writer's block, but everything's great now! And I will try my hardest to update regularly. 

And so yeah, I hope you enjoy this chapter! HEHEHE I haves some plans.... >:)