Chapter 03'

Chapter 03'

After three rings, Khadarious sister, Khennedy answered the phone.

"Whatcha want," she asked. She was in the grocery store trying to get snacks for her son's class.

She was the mother of only one child, Simon, and conceived him with her husband, Siren.

"That's how you answer your twin," joked Khadarious. Were they twins? No, but they looked identical with their light brown skin color, big brown eyes, and pink, juicy, plump lips. It was just Khadarious was the boy and Khennedy was the girl.

"Boy stop playing with me... You know I was just playing with you, I'm just stressed out right now trying to get Simons birthday cakes and decorations. You know it would be nice to help...." She said trying to bribe her brother as she waited in the line to get her son's birthday cakes.

"I would sis, but that's what you have a husband for. That was the plan for you to have a husband to leave my ass along," joked Khadarious. He loved to play with his sister.

"Khadarious don't make me whoop your ass, better yet tell my husband too. Anyways you know his moms is sick, sooo I need you too fill in and help your sissy," said Khennedy.

Khadarious huffed. It was his sister. He couldn't say a 'no'. "Leave your buss ass nigga out of this. I'll be over soon," half-joked Khadarious. Siren was actually Khadarious best friend.

"We need to talk about business anyway," he said forgetting about Kris.

She chuckled. Siren wouldn't hurt a fly unless he needed too and they both knew that. "Thanks KK, but what did you really c--

She was about to ask as his phone showed the white circle going in around on his phone. It was dead.

Oh well. He thought finally making his way down the hallway pass the guest room and as he walked by he finally remembered about Kris and Dante'.

He walked inside the room and saw the light off. He didn't think it was odd considering the fact that most people don't wake up at 7 o'clock in the morning.

He flicked on the lights and saw the room completely empty. He walked to the bathroom. Empty. The closet. Empty. They were nowhere to be found in the room.

He made his way back over to the door of the room and as he was about to turn the lights off he spotted the white piece of notebook paper sprawled on the velvet cover.

He picked it up and started to read the beautiful handwriting:

Thanks for opening your door and home for me despite of my attitude.

I know we don't know each other but I can already tell that you have that luxurious life and my brother and I don't need to be a burden on that...

And I don't want to bring you apart of my lifestyle; you can't handle me nor my brother and what we come with, but thank you. That's all I wanted to say was a 'Thanks for being kind'

K

Khadarious ran all around the house in search for Kris and Dante until he made it too the front door were he seen it wide open.

She had already left.

He was still standing with the note attached to his hand.

-short; next chapter will be longer

~JRubyWoo__

Go to our reading list on profile. Check out some of our books.