Family Reunion

42 READS TY <3

Dan's POV:

I woke up in a bare room, a bright light hitting my face. As I squinted in attempt to see more clearly, someone grabbed my head and pulled up my whole body to get me to sit up in the chair I was slouched in, my head aching from where I got hit.

As my eyes adjusted to the light. I saw a girl sitting in the chair opposite me. No, not a girl, a woman. 'Mum?' I groaned, rubbing my eyes. I tried to run to her but I was tied to the chair by my waist. 'I wouldn't do that if i were you,' a man said, he took a gun from his pocked and aimed it at my mum's head 'Not if you want your precious mother to be killed.'

I  looked up at the man. He looked familiar, like someone I had not seen in a long time. 'Listen to your father, Daniel' My mum sighed, at first I didn't even realize that she said anything because her lips didn't move and she wasn't looking at me. Was she purposely trying not to acknowledge me, was she scared about what was happening to her, or did she just regret what she did to me the last time I saw her. Another man came into view. He looked more like a boy than a man, his long hair covered most of his face but I knew who he was, especially if he was with dad. 

' Well if it isn't the one who got me kicked out of my own home.' I growled through gritted teeth.

'Nice to see you to brother,' he replied sarcastically ' how is that law degree getting on?' Both him and my dad were smiling sweetly, More phycopathically than sweetly actually.

'Daniel' My mother gasped, it was her way of warning me to be careful, at least she was making eye contact with me now. I nodded my head, showing her that I knew that I was doing. Know what I was doing? More like trying to be brave for mum. Old habits die hard I guess. 

After a few hours of  threatening comments towards me and mum, dad and my brother left the room. Mum started crying, I did my best to comfort her but I was as scared as she was. I knew there must be a way out, and I was determined to find it, and to escape with mum. Why was I still so protective of her? 

'Now  I know why you never liked family reunions ' Mum laughed tiredly before she fell asleep.

I giggled though I was distracted, had Phil and Hannah noticed I was gone yet? I shook my head to get rid of all the memories that were flooding back to me and continued to look for a way out.