Chapter One

Taehyung tightened and released his fingers from the stone sill that closed the wide balcony.

"Everything will be ready two months from now" The man said, standing in the middle Taehyung's room, between the big bed and the heavy wood desk. "Congratulations, Your Majesty, in two months you will be a married man"

Taehyung closed his eyes, bit and twitched his mouth. "Yeah. Thank you, Seokjin"

The man left, bowing in vain since the prince was on his back.

Seokjin almost bumped into a knight. His hair was chocolate brown, and were pushed more to left than right, so his forehead was visible. His cheeks were slightly pink, while his lips were quite red. He was wearing a navy blue uniform, with details in gold, and a golden gorget with a blood-red cloth underneath it.

The knight's knuckle hit the open door carved in wood a few times. The prince sighed.

"Yes?"

"Your Majesty" The knight bowed, also in vain since the prince didn't turned around. "My name is Jeon Jungkook. I've been assigned as your personal knight until the wedding, Sir."

The prince turned.

"Hm. Like a nursemaid"

"I prefer personal knight, Sir."

"Nursemaid. With a sword"

The younger lowered his eyes.

Taehyung giggled "I'm joking, I apologize. Knight."

Jungkook cleared his throat. "Sir, we have to meet the tailor"

"The tailor. For the wedding. Right" The smile that a second ago was in the prince's mouth just disappeared.

"Shall we?"

The prince was wearing a striped blue and white robe over a scarlet pants. His blond hair was hiding his eyebrows. He walked towards the door, not bothering to put on a shoe. "We shall"

The corridor carpet was velvet, that appeared to give some life to the walls made of oak. There were some paintings hanging here and there, portraits of people. Dead, Jungkook imagined.

They entered a big saloon. It's ceiling was high and dome shaped, incredibly detailed with gold all over it's white structure. The figure of the prince and knight reflected on the gray marble flooring.

There was a middle-aged man, holding a measuring tape next to a woman with needle and line on her hands. Both of them bowed. Jungkook was the only one to bow back.

"I saw you once." The prince mentioned, while stopping next to the tailor with front turned to Jungkook "I was passing by the training. Saw you with a sword. You're good"

The knight nodded. Taehyung sighed.

"You know, I am trying to make a conversation here. Could you at least make an effort?"

"Oh. Well," Jungkook began "Do you know a lot about sword fights?"

Taehyung smiled "I know enough. You're natural."

"Not actually, Sir. I trained a lot"

"But you're young. Younger than me. Are you serving for how long?"

"Too long, I imagine"

The prince smiled again. His smile was square-shaped, which wouldn't look that well in anyone else. Jungkook half-smiled and looked away.

"All done, Sir" the tailor said. Taehyung thanked him and walked towards the door.

"So," the prince started as they walked through the hall, back to his room "How did you got into the army? Do you like it?"

Jungkook's eyes stared cold and lifeless to Taehyung.

"You have no idea what I am, do you?"

"A knight"

"I'm a killer, Sir. I'm nineteen and I killed actual people. With all due respect, but I am not comfortable talking about it.

Taehyung sighed.

"You don't strike me as a killer"

"That's what makes me so good at it"

Standing in the middle of the hall, Taehyung grabs Jungkook's sword's hilt and pushes it to himself.

"Careful, Your Majesty"

Taehyung puts the sword's blade on Jungkook's cheek. Dark red blood runs down the surface of his skin.

"I have a strange feeling that you don't like me"

The knight doesn't answer.

"I have a strange..." Taehyung moves closer "... feeling...."

Closer. Almost half a foot of distance. The blade still scratches Jungkook's skin.

"... That you don't like me."

Nothing.

Taehyung threats to cut off more skin.

"I'd die for you, Your Majesty."

Jungkook was calm. Didn't shiver. Didn't shake.

The sword leaves the knights cheek and the blade touches Jungkook's shoulder. He could just take it and leave.

Instead, Jungkook moves closer.

"Careful," he examines Taehyung from head to toe "...Sir."

"What are gonna do, peasant?"

Taehyung lowers the sword and starts walking. Their shoulders hit each other.

the prince turns and offers the sword back to the knight. Taehyung drops it as soon as Jungkook's reaches to it.

"Come back when you're ready to answer me" Taehyung demands as he turns around and leaves.

Jungkook touches his bleeding cheek and picks the sword from the ground.

On his knees, he whispers under his breath

"Prick"