Road to Recovery(11)

The instant Nozomi and I returned home.

"You idiot!"

The first thing I received was Kojuro yelling at me.

I winced.

Knowing very well that Kojuro was mad the instant he heard my report on what happened during our camping trip.

"You of all people should know that facing those types of Yakuma is impossible to face alone!"

He was reminding me of our first encounter with a Yakuma very similar to the one Nozomi and I met.

It was around the time I stopped going to a human school. The time when Nozomi was still going to middle school. I don't remember the exact year.

However...

I was literally close to getting a direct hit from the Yakuma's claw when Masamune shoved me out of the way and ended up taking the hit.

In the process, Masamune sacrificed his eye in order to protect me from performing recklessly that day.

We hid the truth from Nozomi, but it was clearly obvious that she wasn't completely buying the lie.

But still.

I couldn't talk back like I usually do against Kojuro.

Because the memories of what happened during the camping trip were still fresh in my mind.

The memory of drinking Nozomi's blood continued to linger. The guilt started weighing heavily on my mind.

"Kojuro...he already knows." Before Kojuro could say anymore, Masamune stopped him by returning to the main point of this conversation. "Besides the Yakuma, regarding Nozomi's blood."

Masamune eyed me with his lone eye, waiting for a response to his question. "Is it true that you changed forms after drinking Nozomi's blood?"

I nodded, "Yes."

I explained to Masamune and Kojuro clearly on what had taken place. From my sudden newfound werewolf form to the defeat of the special Yakuma and ended it with the fact that my injuries were healed immediately.

Upon hearing everything that had happened.

Kojuro and Masamune looked at each other for a few minutes, knowing a probably answer to what had taken place during the camping trip.

Once they returned their gaze to me, Masamune deducted. "It's possible...that Nozomi is a descendant of the Hime-miko."

"Hime-miko?"

The supposed priestess that brought the Geggazoku into existence? 

"But...I thought she was just a myth." I mean no one from our family has mentioned ever seeing Hime-miko before. Most of the stories regarding her were just the fact that the Geggazoku were brought by her in order to protect the humans of this world.

Anything else would be the sacred treasures that were rumored to be hidden by the assistant of the Hime-miko.

Other than that...everything about her seemed something out of a fairy tale.