{ 2 }

[Tanner]

I walk down the long staircase and make my way, slowly, over to the throne room doors. Standing by the doors, was Cian. I walk over to him, to see that he has a look of nervousness plastered on his face and he won't tear his gaze from the large doors. I get closer and take his hand in mine, "Cian, it's just a meeting with Alpha Xavier and-" I tried to finish what I was saying but Cian stops me "and Jayron..." he finishes for me. I nod, ignoring the disrespectful comment and grip his hand just a little tighter, fully understanding that he knows, just as much as the rest of the pack does, what the future Alpha being here means.

The doors start to open, signalling that it's time for the meeting, and for me to address the future Alpha to discuss the meaning behind the visit. Cian kisses my hand and gives a small nod, letting me know that he's okay and to go into this meeting and be the best that I possibly can. "Good luck Tan" he says softly before walking away from the doors and back to his room.

I stand perfectly centered between the two doors and as soon as I lock eyes with my father, I straighten my back and lift my chin ever so slightly. He nods, approving of my posture and gestures with his hand for me to walk into the room. I walk forward, noticing Alpha Xavier and the future Alpha to my left, but keeping head straight forward, walking towards my father. My chest feels heavy being so close to someone like the future Alpha, all the secrets he could spill, he could ruin Cian, ruin my pack.

My father stands up and holds his hand out for me to grab it. I grab the skirt of my dress, and walk up the few stairs to reach my father's hand. I turn around to face Alpha Xavier and his pack that I was now noticing around him. My father let go of my hand and put his hand up in the air. "Welcome to the Starlight Pack territory, we are honored to have you all here and we hope you enjoy our home. Feel free to get to know our members and train with warriors. I'm sure that my son Cian or my wife Jaquelle would love to show you around." My father say with his booming Alpha voice.

As if on cue, my mother walks in and up to my father, kissing him on the cheek and taking his hand. She looks gorgeous, wearing a long satin gown which fits her perfectly. It's a deep green like mine, which also compliments her eyes beautifully. "I would love to show the Hamilton Pack around darling, it sounds like such a marvelous idea." She steps down away from my father and walks out of the door that leads outside with the entire pack following her, except for Alpha Xavier's Beta, Carlile, and the future Beta, Oliver. They were both staring at me and father from the back of the room. Speaking of Beta's, where was my father's Beta, Aiden?

I turn to my father and then gaze around the room one more time. "Father, where's Uncle Aiden?" I ask and he looks at me. "Aiden took Nik to a training weekend so that he'll be ready to step up as your Beta darling." I nod once, sharply and turn my gaze back to Alpha Xavier. He is staring at my father with a large and intimidating smirk plastered on his face. "She shouldn't need a strong Beta, Liam. An Alpha protects themselves and the pack." Alpha Xavier says with his booming voice, similar to my father's. I open my mouth to say something but I'm cut off by my father's hand. He walks down the stairs to stand in front of Alpha Xavier. I watch skeptically as they stand, just staring at each other for what seems like forever before they both chuckle and grasp each other in a hug.

My father turns to me and motions for me to come stand by his side, which I do easily. I've always felt better standing by my father's side, his Alpha presence is overwhelming and protective in the best ways. "Alpha Xavier, future Alpha Jayron..I'd like to properly and formally introduce you to future Alpha Tanner Stevens, my eldest daughter." All three men drift their gaze over towards me and I lower my head slightly and bow. Once I'm up I make my formal statement to please my father, "I am very honored to have the presence of the Hamilton Pack Alphas on the estate. We've been much awaiting your visit." I say and smile as much as possible while making eye contact with Alpha Xavier and the future Alpha who has a very surprised look in his eyes. No..not really surprised. It's...