Chapter 1 part 1

Hi I'm Sambre a little french girl who love Night Vale. Sorry for all the mistake I could make, and don't hesitate to indicate them for I can correct them.

And Thank you.

~(°v°)~————— \(°v°)/

"A friendly desert community, where the sun is still hot, the moon still beautiful, and mysterious lights still pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome to Night Vale." — Cecil

Hi I'm Joshua

I know it's stupid to start like that. You know it, after all it's my dream diary and we are to be on page 88 of the 10th diary. But I still do not know how to start, so ... I start with that.

Last night I had a really strange dream : I was in an immense stretch of water. But this water moving and in some way look like a mountain. I know mountain doesn't exist, but is really look like. Sharp things, like a canine, becoming flat and next move becoming sharp again. It's really weird. I think, and it is only a supposition, that stretch is the sea... or ocean.

Yay, I know it is crazy, but it's a dream so who care.

So I was floating above the sea and I stare the biggest moon I ever see. This perfect round white rock shining and illuminates water. It was beautiful.

Suddenly a quivering was emitted by the moon, and next, it makes resonance like a song.

An ancient song hypnotize me. So mesmerizing.

I think, the moon is so old that she seems eternal... yet in how many time his freezing glow will disappear ? How many time ?

And that the end of my dream.

When I woke up I have my eye right on my dog's ass. Damn it, I don't know how many time I told this stupid dog to don't sleep near my head. But he doesn't care. Night after night he came here like if my bed is him.

When I went downstairs I see my mom knit his two hundred and forty-seven scarves. I have my breakfast and before I quickly go, she said :

— Have a nice day my boy, be careful to helicopters painted with complex murals depicting birds of prey diving.

Night vale isn't the biggest city, lost in the middle of the desert where the sun knock you for six every day.

It seems really stifling after this strange dream so refreshing, and this light so pacify.... So hot...Stupid sun.

I call out to my neighbour in a bathrobe, miss Jensen, snap of the fingers continue. Miss Jensen is the right neighbour, not the left. The right on leaving to my house, otherwise it's reversing. Don't get them mixed up. At left live a horrible couple. Everyone hates them in the street. Everyone...

Her snap was very fast, means she wasn't in a good mood.

— Sorry, Joshua can you help me? This morning I heard strange sound coming from the bathroom. Please can you check what it can be ?

She snaps of the tongue repeatedly. And I accept.

In entering to her home. Here a strong strawberry smell invade my nose. Distantly I heard a whisper and a scratching noise.

When I come nearer and touch the handle : silence. Every little noise stop.

I take a deep breath and open.

No one.

Nothing, only a small place with floors and walls in tiles and a bath, a washbasin and a toilet.

I have a look round the room. Nothing.

I examine the bath, nothing.

I examine the washbasin, nothing.

Suddenly a... thing. A yellow thing came out of the tap and hurled itself at me to bite my face. But I'm fast, I throw it away.

On the floor, it wriggles like a snake or a worm but with so many teeth. It open his mouth and pounce on me. A gaping hole dark full of razor teeth like the one of a shark, I think.

I try to get out, yet it is so quick. My arm was grabbed. An intense pain overwhelm me, I feel a liquid flow. I don't look it. I mustn't. I run.

I feel the thing slide a little. I shake my hurt arm.

GET AWAY FROM ME !

It falls.

I go out the room. Close the door and let me slide back to the door.

Sitting, I breathe deeply.

I heard again whispers and scratching noises.

Opposite to me Miss Jensen look at me and smiling. No, she was concerned.

— So what is it ? You think I need to call a professional ?

Again she snaps of the tongue repeatedly.

Out of breath, I stare at her. I try to get up, but I slip. Under my shoes a big puddle of blood stained my clothes.

Oh gosh, I look my hurt arm. And I see nothing : only shred of flesh near my shoulder.

I put my only hand on the seeping shred for stop it, and get back on my feet with prudence. It's better not to fall.

— So ? she goes on

I think about an instant looking behind me at the door.

— It's okay, don't open the door and make a bloodstone circle for a little ritual or exorcism.

— Really, thank you, Joshua.

She snaps her tongue happily.

I check my stain clothes and grumble.

— Damn it, mom will kill me. They shot.

My only comfort was the neighbour's gift : some cookies to thank me.