Chapter 5

Disclaimer: J.K.R owns all HP characters and plot.

As we walk towards the front of the hall I can hair people chattering around me, but the only thought that’s running through my head is the fact the my bother is about to find out who I am.

“Annie keep you hair under control people are starting to steer.” Say’s Ron.

“What do you mean?”

“Your hair has been through like 20 different colours.”

“Shoot, I’ll turn it to pink, that’s excited it pretty much sums up how I feel.” I thought of my long wavy black hair being pink, the gasps around the room tell me I’ve done it. At the front of the room on a stool sat a old patched hat, I could feel very strange magic coming off it. Once the hall was quite to mine and my fellow first years surprise the hat began to sing.

‘Oh, you may not think I’m pretty,

But don’t judge on what you see,

I’ll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I’m the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There’s nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can’t see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

If you’ve a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You’ll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don’t be afraid!

And don’t get in a flap!

You’re in safe hands (though I have none)

For I’m a Thinking Cap!’

Once the hat stopped singing the Professor began to call out names first was a girl called Hannah who was sorted into Hufflepuff, then Susan also Hufflepuff, next Terry got into Ravenclaw along with Mandy, a girl call Lavender became the first Gryffindor along with the Granger girl (much to mine and Ron’s disgust),  Neville got into Gryffindor as well (much to his surprise). Finally it came to the triplets.

“Lowood, Cara.”

Gryffindor” Yelled the hat, cheers erupted from the Gryffindor table like they had for the others.

“Lowood, Lela.”

Hufflepuff” again cheers.

“Lowood, Marcia.”

Slytherin” Wow that came as a shock.

Finally it came to P.

“Potter, Anastasia.” Every one started muttering Ron looked at me with betrayal, Harry with shock. I walked up and sat on the stool Professor McGonagall placed the hat on my head.

*Hello Princess nice to see you in a new life and body.* 

“What do you mean” I thought.

*All in good time my dear all in good time. Now onto your house I really don’t know why you come up here princess where you go is your choice always has been always will. But anyhow now that you’ve learnt the traits of all four houses where do you want to go?*

“What do you mean learnt the traits of all four houses?”

*Oh, of cores you don’t remember do you. Oh well you’ll find out as you go. Now pick your house princess we don’t have all night.*

“but how do I know I’ve picked the right house?”

*Follow your heart princess and you do fine. Now as soon as you pick your House I’ll yell it out ok.*

“Ok, I pick…”