Part 2 - Nanoseconds

The sound of the machine was loud enough to wake anyone up in the airport.But it didn't have to , as all had gone to "the" voice. I lingered longer near the screen till it switched back to the original page. I folded the notes into 4 times and tucked into my jacket pocket. The touch of the keys to the door of my house in the jacket pocket brought a nauseating feeling. I wanted to go home very badly. I wanted my entire body to feel the buttered cold sheets of the bed. I pulled out the  mobile from my left pocket and looked at the time. 

'Did it matter?' 

I realized that I had a watch. My own Tissot watch. I am not sure why I was proud of it. I had bought it in Zurich - my very own swiss made watch. And again Swiss brought  memories of the disastrous presentation. At the exact time, I felt guilty for putting my hard earned money into a commodity that I never used for what it was useful for. I never looked at the watch to tell time. It was just a piece of thing that could be added as an ornament. I wore a watch. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I went back to the black steel chair where my bags lay. My bright blue American Tourister backpack sat stationary on a seat for its own. I placed myself next to it , slumped with half of my big back outside the chair. The novel inside the bag peeked out, so I settled myself to start reading.

'Dungeons and alleys of monster cried out loud in unison. It was like the cry of destruction. It was the noise caused to bring all victories. A reminiscence of......'

I lowered the book to see a group  of five black dressed men appear  in front of me. They held out their hands aligning in almost a circle  . I thought that in the next moment they might hold each other's hand and play ringa-ringa-roses. I smiled to myself for the wisecrack. They seemed to surround someone in light green t shirt. I lifted my legs off the floor to the seat to prevent one of the circled men to step over my feet and fall. He turned and smiled.

'Does he have eyes at the back?'

Before my self imposed question could be answered , the green tee celebrity turned around. If there was a competition of tiredness between us, he would definitely win. His eyes matched the colour of his tee and was tinted black under. He looked sleep deprived, lost and annoyed. He let out a soft breathe and smiled at me. I had to convince myself that it was a smile as his dimples appeared. I flashed my teeth in its all glory and in an instant knew that it was one of those fake smiles. He didn't seem to mind. 

He turned back and saw another big group chasing him. He faced front, let out a small sigh and then smiled . It looked like he was rehearsing for something. 

'I wonder why did he do that?'

He turned back to the excited group. 

"I am really sorry for showing no enthusiasm. I am really tired after last night."

Crowd shrieked. 

One of the young teenagers screamed in excitement, "what did you do last night, Harry?". Everyone squealed.

I must have just let the expression of disgust on my face, because this Harry man seemed to agree with me. He smiled sheepishly not answering the teenager. He abruptly turned around and started to walk towards VIP lounge. Men in black proceeded to protect him. Though his energy seemed to subside, the crowd stood outside waiting eagerly and energized. 

I watched the crowd for sometime and proceeded to turn the page of the book. 

'Wait. Oh wait.

I turned the page slowly.

'Harry'

'Why does he look familiar?' 

'Why does his name sound even familiar? Come on, must be because of those Harry Potter books. Hello no! Harry Harry. Dunkirk. No golden locks. Short hair. Last night.'

Was it Harry Styles?