Chapter 3: Mixed Emotions

"Are you really sure you're okay?" White asks one more time, really wondering what happened to Dimitry. She glances down at the book sitting on her lap. Flipping the book open, she was greeted by the first page. The title of the book printed.

Nothing bad here.

Flipping over to the second page she read the line three times before it registered into her.

"Your name isn't here," she murmurs making Dimitry look at her with sad eyes.

"It's not that," he whispers softly. "I'm scared that one day it will be there,"

She didn't think of that. White remembered how she treated him before at the Compound. Calling him garbage and trying to fool him. She wanted so much to take it back. She digged deep down past his tall walls to see someone with a warm heart. She now knew that Dimitry wouldn't be capable of heading the Compound.

"Dimitry," she whispers, flipping towards the next page of the book, listening to the crackling sound coming from the dried out pages. She didn't know when this was made, but she didn't care. Flipping towards the front cover, she notices that the name of Mr. Andrews' father made it, she didn't know how to react.

"Hmm," he replies, watching as she flips from page three to the cover and back to the third page.

"What will happen to us here?" She asks shyly.

He sighs, standing up and walking over to the couch next to her, his shoulder brushing hers. "I dunno. My dad . . . he's weird. And unpredictable, so all we can do is sit here, train and wait for the best of luck. He's coming again tonight, you can ask him by then," he glances at his watch, noticing that he had to go. He smiles sadly. "It was nice talking to you like this, just the two of us," he gives her a small peck on the cheek before exiting the room, leaving White stunned and frozen in place.

Her left hand slowly touches her cheek, the spot where he left a small kiss on. A small blush slowly crept up to her cheeks, and she couldn't help it. Snapping out of her thoughts, she finally recollects herself and stands up, walking out of the large library with the book in hand.

White weaved her way through the waves of people, finally reaching her dorm. The door instantly opens for her, revealing an awkward looking Diamond.

"Di?" White murmurs, placing a hand on her shoulder as she raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" The girl yawns.

"How did you know I was at the door? I didn't even knock," White explains.

Diamond scratches the  back of her neck, yawning once again.

"Di?" White slaps the girl lightly on the shoulder.

The black haired girl shakes her head, snapping out of her thoughts. "Sorry, Angel told me about it, she wanted to test her abilities. She's been tracking you ever since the library," she yawns once again.

White shivers, feeling a bit weird now that she knew that Angel was tracking her.

"And my dear friend," she pats her on the shoulder. "I was trying to sleep, but this girl over here," Diamond glances at her back where Angel lay on White's bed watching a show with pastel colors ponies. "Was so busy making the TV blare so loud." She yawns. "It's almost my turn to train and I can't get any sleep!" She exclaims, making sure the blond girl would hear her.

White giggles, walking into the room and sitting down on the bed, her back touching Angel's side.

"Angel, can't you let Di have some sleep?" She asks gently, placing the book on the bed.