Chapter 4

Emma is typing...

Emma: Kai, I'm worried.

Emma: I'm so sorry if I ruined everything and I regret everything I did to you.

Emma: I'm so awful, I'm so sorry.

Emma: Will you come into school today so I can say sorry in person?

__________

That night, I had dreamed of the beach. The beautiful stars twinkling over me once again and the salt wafting through the icy wind. The sand was a soft blanket in between my fingers and toes, the darkness a whirlpool of serene calm. It had been nice.

But then Emma was there, her head resting against my shoulder, her aura a coquettish blur. She looked at me with those intoxicating blue eyes, growing darker and darker each second until they were a lustful navy, much like the wild an unwavering sea that we were so close to. Emma leaned, and her lips were pressed against my own, her soft hands gripping my chin until they traveled down and-

I shook my head, shuddering; I treated it as an unpleasant memory, but really it thrilled me when I thought about her hands against my body.

Groaning, my door slid open quietly, my mum entering silently, her calculating gaze searching me for any signs of actually being sick. She walked over, her raven hair curled and bouncing around her shoulders, her hands matured but soft as she placed the back of her right hand against my forehead. Her suit was on; she had work today.

Sighing, my mum tutted and left the room, leaving me in silence; thank Jesus I had been embarrassed and all hot and bothered from my dream.

I spent the rest of the day in bed, thinking of Emma and those gorgeous eyes.