ONE | 第一

CRYING | 哭了' TOJOURS PLEURER DE REGRET

CRYING | 哭了
' TOJOURS PLEURER
DE REGRET. '
1.

the lack of air / oxygen in the room had already been suffocating yoongi, let alone— making him only fall under consciousness. his apartment room  lingered with the most unpleasant scents of alcohol; specifically the bonhae bok bun and soju poured over his carpets. yes, he was an alcoholic, and every time he came back to his own apartment, he was drunk. his cabinets only had hangover foods in there, and different types pain-killers for it.

the drunken environment was where he belonged, or where he thought he belonged. he had drinking buddies, too— namjoon, jin, jhope, taehyung, jimin, and jungkook, but all of them already had found the love of their lives. yoongi was the only one; he was alone. likewise, they say that the people who are the loneliest end up having depression. and that's what happened to him.

though, today, he probably wasn't going to arrive at his own apartment. his body was instead slouched up against a rugged bench, where said; his alcoholism was the one to stench nature.

meanwhile, with him in his own world, there were heard cries of a girl, near by the swings. the cries being so much of a chaotic ruckus, that for once, he'd woken up. although he still smelled like alcohol, he attempted to sober up. he slowly got up, but stumbled a few times—until he became stable. he made his way to the girl, who seemed his age.

her eyes were hazel, along with her hair being a hazelnut brown. her nose and cheeks were defined, as she had beautiful freckles; and a frequent shade of red above her jaw. the way she scrunched her nose while crying, and fluttered her eyes caught yoongi's attention. everything about her did.

he placed his hand on her shoulder, and crouched down against the gravel.

"stop crying. you shouldn't cry." she looked up, and was about to move his hand, but instead, he placed his on her hand— pulling her up.

"w-why, should i not cry? i can let my
feelings—"

"hell, because, you'll regret the times that you have, once you die. your soul will wither away, wishing that you could've lived your life in happiness. so, stop crying, before you regret it."

"what makes you think that i'd regret death? huh? as well, tears? i bet you're suicidal too. so, why would you tell me to not do such a thing
if—"

"dead people receive more flowers than the ones living, because regret is stronger than gratitude."

she stayed completely silent, until yoongi placed her on his back. her cheeks flushed in confusion, as he continued to walk.