Big problems

I got to school in a very good mood. I was soon to discover the name of my mysterious little reader, and I was ready for Friday to arrive! Then my good mood had to be ruined by none other than my best friend Mike.

"Hey man, What ya doin Friday night. Me and some other boys are gonna go bowling and I thought you might wanna come." he stated as soon as I saw him. " I'll have to get back to you, I don't know if I'll be able to make it." I stated with false sadness. I already knew that if I agreed to meet with Mike and his buddys, then I would be stuck in the bowling alley all afternoon. Eliminating any chance I would have to discover my reader's name. "Man, what's wrong with you, you never come to nothing no more," he accused me,"and we startin to think that ya done went and found yaself some more friends to hang with." "No, I already told you that I've been busy..." "yeah, busy ignoring us." he mumbled interrupting my explanation. "Well if you don't want to hear my explanation, then I guess you'll have to believe what you think and hope I decide to come hang with you later!" I spouted off angrily as I stomped off to class. I was so angry that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going until wham I ran right into someone.

Their books went flying all over the hallway. I stared in shock, then realizing that it was my fault, I bent over to help them. After I helped pick up all the books, I begin to apologize. "I'm John and I'm so sorry, I just..." " It's ok, but thank you for helping me." she interrupted me quietly. Oh my word, it's her, my mystery girl is right here and I just ran into her. How stupid can I possibly be, I thought to myself. "No really, it's my fault. I'm so sorry, this is what happens when I don't pay enough attention to where I'm going." I rambled trying to explain myself. "No really it's fine, we all get a little distracted sometimes. Thank you for helping me pick up my books though." she says as she begins to walk away. "Its the least I could do little mystery, after all it was my fault that I..." I say as she turns the corner, leaving me there wondering what on earth just happened.