Home

The way home is relatively silent and uneventful. After getting out of the car I almost feel bad for Mike, all the great things I dreamed weren't real and Mike had nothing to do with it, but I still took my disappointment and anger out on him. With that thought I trudged up the stairs to my room, thankfully no one was home to bother me.

Today's events have left me tired and irritable, so to spare my family of my horrible attitude I decide to leave them a note.
Not feeling well, going to bed early. Won't be down for supper.
~John
I got back up to my room all I want to do is get my mind off the one thing that I've been thinking about since I first laid my eyes on her. The beauty with a book that had taken hold of my thoughts and I just need a break from reality. The best way to get my mind off my own problems is to fully immerse myself in someone else's life and concentrate on their problems. So naturally I pull a book of the shelf, lay down, and begin to read.

I look up after finishing the book and realize that several hours had passed. As I continue to think about what I have read I realize that it is the same typical story. All of a sudden I can't take it any more and in a fit of anger I throw my book across the room. It hits the wall and with that all the emotions come flooding back. Of course, it is a typical story with a typical plot. The boy has some problem, defeats the bad guy, and swoops in to get the girl and be a hero. I can't believe the unfairness of it all, all of these countless fictional guys have the perfect life. To top it all off, they not only get the girl in their story, but countless numbers of real girls were read their story wish they were the girl and completely fan girl over them. They end up with not only one girl, but the hearts of hundreds of other girls and I can't even discover the name of the girl I like. Then I realize what I have done, I jump off the bed and race across the room. I gently pick up my book and place it back on the shelf, feeling bad for throwing it. What is wrong with me, I'm jealous of fictional characters just because I can't be the hero and get the girl like they would.