Chapter one

"C'mon you need this! It's our chance to do something fun for a change." my bestfriend Josephine complains when I don't want to go to a party with her. "You know how much I hate parties." I mumble as I write a text message to my brother. "Yeah I know, but they don't know." she tries to convince me, but I shake my head. "Not this weekend, sorry Josie." I state, clearly not sorry. "You need to get over her already! So what she did what she did, but hey, you can't change that!" she continues getting slightly more and more annoyed towards the end of her sentence. I shake my head and press the stop-button so the busdriver will know I'm gonna leave in the next stop. Without saying another word, I get out of the bus and watch it drive away before starting to walk home.

"Hey do you think you could throw me to Michael's?" my brother, Ethan asks from my room door. "I don't know." I reply, without even thinking about it. I'm pretty much just thinking about the party invitation. Ethan waves his hand in front of my eyes and I turn to look at him. "Huh?" I ask a little confused. He asks again and I just nod. "Sure, when?" "Preferably now." Ethan replies jokingly and leaves my room.

"Be good and don't die." I joke and smile as Ethan get's out of the car. He just replies with a smile and a quick hand wave before walking to his friends' front door. I drive to the nearest gas station to fill up the tank. Mom would probably kill me if she found out I used her car. I don't even really know why she's so protective about it, since she only uses it like twice a month.

I throw the car keys on the dresser in the lobby and kick my shoes off. While walking to the livingroom, my phone starts ringing. I glance at the caller, and decline it. I sit on the couch and scroll through instagram. Soon messages start coming in from Josephine. All she wants to know is why I didn't pick up and are we going to the party. To be completely honest, I really don't feel like talking to her not to mention going to a party. Because even though it's friday evening, I don't want to go out. I just wish she was here, but it was her own choice to abandon me. If she wouldn't have joined that group of annoying people, then who knows, we might still be friends. It feels like she doesn't even want to be friends anymore. Maybe I should go to the party if she's there? I could show her that I do not miss her anymore.

The microwave is warming my dinner while I'm texting Josephine saying we can go to the party. After that, I write a note for my mom, so she'll know I'm not coming home today. I'm not even going to risk not leaving a note because she'd kill me as soon as she'd get home. Mom worries way too much about everything, especially if it involves me or Ethan.

"Ok, so where do we get out?" I ask from Josephine as we sit in a bus, going to the party.  "Soon, I'll press the button when needed." she replies excited. I roll my eyes at her and she just laughs. I smile, but I really don't feel like smiling. Actually, even the thought of stepping out of this bus makes me so nervous. We'll see what we're up against.