Chapter 1: The case

I sat in my office, at five-0 headquarters. My head in my hands. In walks Steve his hand on his gun.

"Danno we got a case"

"Alright" I stood up, grabbed my gun and was out the door.

Once we were in the car, I put on the radio, something I never did, and tried to relax.

"Ok Danny what's up?" Steve turned the radio off.

"I was listening to that!" I sighed.

"No you weren't and don't try to change the subject Daniel, what's wrong with you?" Steve pressed.

" What do you mean? I'm fine." I sighed.

" No you're not you've been sulking since you walked through the door this morning."

" Yeah well I am fine, Steve I really am, my ex left Hawaii and took my kids with her, I'm fighting with lawyers. The one person that I care about the most, the person I love, doesn't even know what it does to me. So yes Steve I'm upset, im destraugh." I said. I wasn't fine, I was pissed.

"The person you love? Who Jessica? And I get it, it's hard with your family, but that's why you have us, five-0 Danny. So you don't have to go through this alone." Steve said, both his hands gripping the wheel.

" I know you guys are here for me. And no Steve not Jessica, someone else. Plus me and Jessica broke up." I stated.

" Oh, Danno I'm sorry."

"Yeah me too."

"So when you say person you love, you mean...?"

"Yes." I answered quietly.

"Look Danny, we talked about this" Steve's hands gripped the steering wheel.

"Yeah whatever." I sighed and turned the radio back on.

Once we arrived at the crime scene, I reached for the door handle only to find it locked.

"Danny, I care about you, more then you you think, I just-" Steve started

"Look, we have a job to do,yeah? So let's do it." I unlocked my door and stepped out, walking towards my team leaving Steve behind in the car.

"Alright what do we got?" I asked

"Female Jane Doe, approximately 18 years of age, single gun shot to the back of the head. After a thorough investigation of the scene, I have determined that this is not the original crime scene, it's a dumping spot." I could hear Steve walk up as Max explained.

"Ok Max get this body back to the morgue, get me an ID and time of death. Lou, Kono, Chin, Danny, head back to five-0 headquarters dug up anything you possibly can." Steve said.

"Not much we can do boss, at least until we get an ID on our vic." Kono stated.

" Well then I guess you better get on it Max."

"Wait were are you going McGarrett?" Lou questioned as we watched Steve's retreating figure.

He paused after opening the door to my car, "got some business to take care of, I'll meet you guys there." He didn't leave room for any questions, because before anyone could get anything out he was already speeding out of the clearing.

" What was that about Danny?" Chin asked.

"I have absolutely no clue." I answered.

"Well then, I guess you're with me today Williams. Come on." Lou gestured to his truck.

"That's my car." I stated one had in pocket and the other gesturing to where it was parked.

Chin and Kono chuckled and began their journey to Chin's car. On the way Chin patted my shoulder and continued.