6

[Joshua's POV]

I had spent the rest of yesterday thinking about Jieun, her and her words. Today, too, instead of thinking about my ex, she is the one occupying my thoughts.

I feel like she has awoken a new flame inside of me. I feel like I can finally start to live again and move on, thanks to her.

Am I perhaps starting to fall for Jieun? I don't know her enough yet to know what makes her eyes sparkle, though. It's as if she knows so much more than me about life. At the same time, I can tell it makes her a good person. She seems trustworthy. Needless to say, I want to know her now. In addition to that, I'd like to return the favour for giving me a new start.

I enter the café and look around to find her. Unfortunately, it seems Jieun hasn't arrived yet. Secretly hoping she comes soon, I order myself a coffee before walking towards my usual table.

I stop just in front of it, then stare at the table a few seconds. No. Not today, Joshua. It's different now. I turn around and, with a smile, I walk out the café and sit at a table outside, at the terrace.

Halfway through my coffee, Jieun finally enters my sight. My smile only grows wider as I see her. Our eyes meet, and she waves at me as she smiles.

"Hello, Joshua," she greets me. She's about to go inside to order some beverage, but I stop her just before.

"Oh, umm, could you come sit here after ordering? I'd like to talk with you some more," I tell her. She agrees and goes inside to take her order. I patiently wait for her to come back. When she does, she takes a seat in front of me.

"Did you want to talk about something specific?" she asks. Her tone is gentle and friendly.

"Not exactly... I, umm, I think your way of thinking is beautiful. I really need that right now." I smile at her.

She looks at me like she understands exactly what I'm feeling. To be so kind like that, she must have been hurt, too, before, right? She seems to be fine now, though. I hope she opens up to me about it someday.

"You said you were depressed yesterday. What happened? If I may ask," she questions.