Two

"Why?" I ask, confused.

"Apparently eating kale stimulates your powers, that's why they serve so much in the cafeteria," says Sadie, "anyway, I've been practicing, watch this!"

Sadie took a breath and lifts up the water. She speeds it up to begin to turn it into ice. She spins the water once around the room and turns it to ice. Raina and I stood in awe, the ice was going so fast. Too fast. The ice was not a snowball, it was a gleaming blue icicle moving a lot faster than an icicle should ever move. The icicle kept gaining speed and started spinning around the edges of the room.

"Sadie, that's really cool, but can you maybe, like, put that down now?" I say nervously. A look of fear spread across her eyes as she realized that she couldn't stop it. Sadie was sweating from the exertion of keeping the icicle up, and if she tried to put it down, the force of it stopping would probably knock her out. The radius of the icicle's spinning kept getting larger and larger.

Suddenly, Raina and I saw it. The icicle was going to hit Noah. Noah stood on the other side of the room with his back turned, oblivious to what was happening. I stood, frozen, knowing that I couldn't do anything about the fact that the icicle was going to turn Noah into a human kebab. I looked over at Sadie, who was desperately trying to slow down the icicle. Her face was red and strained, forehead pouring with sweat, a look of fear and guilt etched onto her face. Raina assumed the position needed to attempt to stop the icicle. With all of her might, she threw her hands forward and tried to slow down the icicle.

Noah turned around. A look of fear was immediately plastered upon his face. He tried to get out of the icicle's path when he realized that he was backed into a corner. With every spin, the icicle got closer and closer to Noah. With one last attempt, Raina nudged the icicle just so, so it smashed into the cabinet. Shards of ice like glass flew everywhere and we all ducked for cover. Ironically, a piece of ice got stuck in Noah's arm.

We all ran towards him at once. Sadie was on the verge of tears and was apologizing profusely. Raina comforted Sadie and I checked Noah's wound. It didn't appear to be serious, so I pulled the ice out and applied pressure to the wound. "I think we should go to the nurse's office," muttered Noah before promptly passing out.

As usual please correct me on any grammar mistakes!