Wyth

Lectures over the next few days continued in the same manner as the first week, tutors handing out essay topics and submission dates.

'Smirkey guy' or Travis as I have uncovered during a class debate, continues to flirt and send heavily ladened inuendos my way, much to the annoyance of Connor and myself.

"I'm not gonna be able to make the meeting tonight Kal." Emmy informs me as we begin packing away our note books.

"What? Why?? The party is in a few weeks time. I need you there!" I complain. The past few weeks had flown by and the Halloween party was fast approaching.

"My parents are having their boss and his wife over for dinner and my attendance is mandatory." Emmy complains. 

Emmy's dad had just been promoted to senior site manager in a small construction company based in the city.

"Jeez Emm. Ok." I huff in disbelief. 

"There's not much left to do anyway hun. The dj and bar are booked, the boys are knee deep in skeletons and spiders and Rach and Liz have talked the venue into supplying the food at cost price. There is seriously not much left." Emmy explains thoroughly.

"I know, I just. I want to make sure the boys are able to pull this off. This is our last Halloween in University Em!"

"And it will be the best ever!! The tickets are at the printers and will be ready for purchasing on Monday.  I will pick them up Saturday morning."

"Thanks hun. I've got the flyers and will give them to the club after the meeting." I say with a sigh of relief. Everything seems to be coming together nicely.

"Okay, well I've got to run Kal. My parents need me to pick up the wine on my way. Text me later to say how the meeting goes."

"Yea, sure no worries."

Emmy and myself part ways at the entrance to the lecture building.  I make my way to the flat alone, as Connor has  football practice and has agreed to meet me at the bar post meeting.

Walking into the flat, I dump my bag on the arm chair and proceed to change into a pair of leggings and a loose off the shoulder jumper. I pull my long locks up into a messy bun and slide into my fleece boots, Picking up the brown manilla envelope containing the posters and flyers, I slowly make my way back to  campus and the library.

Dark clouds have began to form, moving hastily by the unseen wind. I make my way towards the library to drop off a handful of flyers and a few posters. The campus remains a hive of activity with people rushing in and out of the numerous buildings. Inside, the library is deserted, the studious keeper of the books and the key to all knowledge, sits behind a solid oak table with her head in a large hard back book. Walking through the inner set of automatic doors, she barely glances my way to acknowledge my arrival. The librarian, or Mrs Caville, as identified by her badge, is probably in her forties but looks much older. Chin length fuzzy chesnut hair sticks out in every direction, with sea green eyes, partly hidden behind thick rimmed glasses. In typical librarian stlye she is clothed in a white collared blouse with a dark grey chunky knitted cardigan and a navy ankle length flared skirt.

I make my way up to the immaculately kept desk, Mrs Caville peeps over the top of her book with a glare of annoyance at my interruption.

"Hi, Mrs Caville. I spoke to the curator a few days ago regarding possibly leaving some flyers here for the halloween party. Would it be ok to leave them here or shall I put them on the desks?" I ask nervously. 

"Hmm. Well, I suppose it would be ok. I don't want them clutering the reading tables and making a mess though. You can leave some here on the counter and on the notice board on the way in." Mrs Caville answers in her harsh voice.