4O: staying the night

third person

simon quickly kisses ashlee's forehead before sliding of her bed to get changed. he swiftly removes his shoes, his jacket, and his shirt - placing them neatly on the nearby chair - before going to his bag and grabbing a pair of jogging bottoms out.

he glances over at ashlee to see she's just on her phone, either on twitter or instagram, minding her own business. he sighs before walking into the en suite bathroom to get changed out of his jeans and into his jogging bottoms. he then walks out of the bathroom, places his jeans neatly on the chair along side his other clothes, before climbing into bed next to ashlee.

ashlee immediately places her phone down on the bedside table and rolls over so she's facing simon. he wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him whilst she happily hides her face into the crook of his neck and wraps her arms around his warm body.

"comfy?" simon asks with a small chuckle towards the end. "mhm." ashlee hums in response. "good." simon mutters before letting the room fall silent once again.

all that can be heard now is the light breathing coming from ashlee as she falls asleep in simon's arms, the gentle breeze coming from outside as it flows in between the leaves of the nearby trees, the odd "hooting" sound coming from an owl that's happily perched on one of the branches, and the odd car driving past.

to say that the night is very peaceful would be an understatement in the least. it's just a shame that it has to end soon...

-

[a/n] -if you haven't already, check out my new fanfic called rockstar especially as i've now posted the first official chapter for it! :) i really hope you enjoy it! and i hope you're enjoying this fanfic too!