new friend?

The next day I woke up, got ready, etc. I was nervous for my first day at my new school but whatever. As long as it wasn't like my old school. "Let's go E! The car's waiting for you outside!" My dad yelled. (Last night while I was sleeping my parents picked up a car from the dealership)

I grabbed my stuff and stepped outside. It was raining but I didn't care I was used to it. As I was walking to the car, these 2 boys ran past me and knocked me over. I didn't see them, as they didn't turn around. They seemed to be wearing the same uniform I was, but I couldn't tell. One of them yelled "sorry!" As he ran by, but the other was silent.

After that whole experience, I walked to the car and sat in the seat. I didn't want to be bothered by my mom and her "first day of school" talk, so I popped my earbuds in for the ride. The ride wasn't too long it was about 20 minutes I guess. I stepped out of the car, waved to my mom, and walked into the school.

I obviously didn't have any friends to speak with here, so I walked to my first class. I looked around through the halls. This place was so different from my old school. Hopefully it'd be better too.

I got to my first class but my professor told me not to sit down. "I'm going to seat everyone in alphabetical order." I nodded and stood against the wall. As more kids began pouring into the classroom he began seat assignments.

I didn't pay much attention until my name was called. "Eloise Lennox, Max Mills, that desk in the back left corner is yours."

I walked over and sat down. I really hoped this kid would be nice, and that he'd become my friend. I just don't want anything bad to happen here. 

The boy came and sat down next to me. He looked at me kinda funny almost like he was gonna say something. "Hey you're that girl I accidentally knocked over this morning aren't you?" I nodded. "I'm so sorry! My idiot brother had stolen my phone and I had to chase him to get it back. I really didn't mean to run into you" "It's totally fine" I said. "So you just moved in down the street?" I nodded again. He grabbed my schedule and took a look at it. He circled all the classes I had with him in blue, and some of them in red. "Why are some of them red?" I asked. "Those are the one's where you'll be with my brother." I nodded again and turned to the professor.

"Alright class your first assignment is to get to know your seat partner." Max and I turned back to eachother and began speaking again. "Here's my phone number by the way" I handed him a piece of paper with my info on it. He took his phone out and texted me. "Now you've got mine" he laughed.

We talked for the remainder of the class. "Hey wanna come over after school?" I said. I wasn't too nervous about asking him because he seemed nice. "Yeah that sounds fun. Can I bring Harvey as well?" "Who?" "Oh that would be my twin." "Twin? Like identical or fraternal?" "Identical" "Yeah he can come too, can I hang out with you guys at lunch? I obviously don't know anyone else" I laughed. He nodded and then told me to meet him outside this classroom when lunch started.

The bell went off, and I went to my next class. Today was shaping up to be a pretty good day...