When Patton Makes a Point

Virgil's PoV
I was sitting in the living room on my phone scrolling through Tumblr and occasionally MySpace. It's been about three to four hours since I've been sitting here. I still refused to get up though I was so comfortable and warm. I knew that if I make the slightest move I would end up being cold and angry.

As I was laughing quietly at a meme I saw I looked up and Patton was standing over me shaking his head.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I've been standing here for 20 minuets Virgil. That's 20 minuets of you ignoring me." Patton said with a tint of sadness in his voice.

"Sorry Patton. I didn't see you there." I said.

"I came to tell you that dinner is almost ready." He said. I looked at him then back at my phone.

"Ok? I'm not that hungry right now sorry Pat." I said continuing to scroll.

"Hey! I'm up here." Patton said clearly annoyed as he snapped his fingers to get my attention. Now I know that he means serious business he never really gets annoyed.

"Are you ok Patton?" I asked.

"Put the phone down." He said sternly. I hesitantly put the phone onto the coffee table. Patton snatched it off of the coffee table and held it in his hand.

"What is on here that's more important than the rest of us?" Patton asked me. I shrugged and said it's a way of escaping reality.

"You're always on this dubious looking device. You barely even go outside and enjoy the depths of life." He said. I sat back knowing that he was on to me.

"In fact I haven't seen you at dinner for the past three weeks now. Roman thought you were dead! Logan and I didn't know what to think. But now I think you were just in your room with a locked door on this phone." He said starting to get mad.

"You barely even spend time with us Virgil! Did you forget that we existed? Do you even care for us like you care for this piece of technology?" Patton said as he started to tear up. I instantly stood up and walked over to him.

"No that's not it at all Patton! I'm really sorry." I said. Patton took a deep breath and looked at me straight in my eyes.

"You know how people say when you die your life will flash before your eyes." He said.

"Yea-" I started.

"How much of your life will be you on that phone?" He said. Then there was dead silence. I looked back at him. He had a very good point. Such a good point that I hugged him tight.

"I'm sorry Patton. I still love you guys no matter how annoying you pathetic idiots are. You guys are my family." I said. He hugged back and smiled.

"That's good. And you're being phone restricted for two weeks." He said

"Ah ok." I said as we walked to the dinner table.

Hello! My name is Roman believe it or not 😂 I'm the author of this book and many other books. Feel free to check out any other books that I have created. Okie bai bai 😜