ii | fake love

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀James knew. He knew it was wrong. He knew he hurt Lily. He knew he shouldn't of led her on like that. He knew he should've told her sooner. He knew. What he didn't know is how he made her feel. The way he had made her stomach do somersaults when he walked in the room. The way he had made her feel all warm inside when he smiled at her. The way her eyes had lit up when she talked about him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But now her face turns sour when someone mentions his name. The tears begin to drip, as a song that reminds her of him plays. Her heart aches when she sees him walking with his new girl. The girl he left her for. He never loved her, but she loved him. She loved him with her whole heart, she was head over heels for him. She feels dumb, stupid, how could she never have noticed, he had always been gone, never fully there. Her heart was cold. He had done that to her. She wanted to be held in his arms, loved. But all he did was use her. She thought he was heaven, but he turned out to be hell. 

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She acted like it wasn't a big deal when she saw him place kisses on her lips, when really it was breaking her heart, tearing her to pieces. She looks at her, hurt in her eyes thinking to herself; what does she have that I didn't? What is the special quality she has that seems to fill the cracks in him, in his dark soul? What was wrong with her? She had gotten her hopes up about him, about them, about him actually loving her back. When it was all one lie. Loving too much always kills. It rips you apart and messes you up. And when they leave you, you feel broken, just like her. And she wants to hold on to him, she wants him to come running back to her. But she knows that will never happen and she can't hold on, because she can't hold onto someone, to something, that's already gone.