2. Fight or Flight.

Just when I thought I was free. They had to waltz in here and potentially ruin my "normal" life I worked so hard for.

No. This is not happening.  But it was. He was here and something inside me told me he wasn't here just for a drink.

I looked at him in the eyes. Maybe he didn't know it was me, after all i would've recognized him if we actually met.

"Is there anything else you would like?" I manage to ask despite my dry throat.

He looks me up and down, his eyes travelling all over my body giving me goosebumps all over again. "I'll have another Whiskey." He finally says. I slide him his whiskey and glace at Josh and Lily. If they're here for me, this might be the last time i saw them.

I need to leave. But how? I was working for another 2 hours. I can't just leave the bar.

Josh used to be a bartender here. I'll just lie and say something came up and ask if he can take over for a while.

I looked over at Josh. Okay, if he says yes, ill go to the bathroom and slide out the window. Simple I walk hands to Josh and Lily. "Hey Josh, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Yeah sure Becca," he got up and went with me around the corner, hidden from the hunter. "Whats up?"

"I was actually wondering if you could take over for me for a little bit? My aunt called with an emergency. It's urgent." He looked confused for a second then gave me a small smile "Yeah, sure."

"Thank you so much" I say as I lean in to hug Josh. He's only a little taller than me with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. His face is sprinkled with little freckles that make him even more attractive than he already is.

I let him go, round the corner and walk straight to the back, noticing that the hunter moved from the bar to the table where the taller one sat on his laptop. Im assuming that's his partner or something.

As I walk by, he looked over and saw me quickly walk into the back, his eyes following me closely until I get through the door into the kitchen.

Okay Bre, you're going to get away from them before they get to you. 

I ran to the locker the company supplied me to keep my belongings in during my shift, I unlocked it with my key. I quickly grabbed my clothes and makeup and ran to the bathroom, not bothering to lock my locker back up.

There it was, the window. I stepped on the sink, which to my luck was right under the window and opened the window. I slid my right leg out first, followed by my head and the rest of my body. I stood up and dusted myself off, looking around me. I was barely turned around when I was pushed into the brick wall of the bar.

I got up and turned to see the hunter standing there, pointing his gun at me.

"Woah woah woah," I said holding my arms out.

"Braelynn Williams?" He studied my face as he said it. How did he manage to find me?

Remember Bre, fight or flight. He had me cornered. Running would be a suicide mission.

So i did what i could do. I lunged, tackling him to the ground, his gun sliding near the dumpster in the alley we were in. He immediately grabbed me by the shirt and pinned me to the ground beneath him. He was heavy but i managed to wiggle  my arm free of his grip and punch him in the groin.

Taking advantage of him letting me go for a second to try to deflect my hits, i squirmed out of beneath him, got up and dove for the gun. I got it just as he was about to grab it too. I threw myself around to face the hunter and aimed the gun at his head as i got to my feet.

"How did you find me?" I demanded

"Woah, take it easy there tiger," he raises his arms. "We just need your help."

Just at that moment i heard footsteps behind me.  I spun around aiming the gun at the taller hunter who was in the bar with the one i fought.

he shorter hunter got up and hit the gun out of my hands. It fell to the ground and he picked it up without hesitation. Great. Just great. Im captured by 2 hunters - one's extremely pissed off - no weapon at all and my new life is now ruined.