Time's Up!

I had been waiting on this day for 3 years.

Que was finally getting out. And I told him he could stay with me until he got his life together.

He was gonna need my help. While he was inside a visitor snuck a gun in and shot at her man while in the visiting room. Que was hit, with just a few days shy of his release. I promised him I would help him.

I was finally living my life how I wanted. I got my AA degree and was training to be an RN. Got my own apartment since Gina moved in with her new boo. I was happy but I knew Que could fix the small void I felt on lonely nights.

While he was in jail we wrote back and forth and talked on the phone. He seemed to be a changed man. He wanted to come out and do right. He told me all about his dreams of leaving the hood and I wanted to make them happen for him. So when he said he was getting out I told him to stay with me until he could make it on his own.

Leon's mom was still helping me with Danika.... and Derrick.

Yup. Me and Leon had another baby about 6 months ago. Leon and I tried to be together again but he couldn't trust me after everything I put him through. We remain friends but nothing more. He moved to Texas to go to school so he never sees his kids. He never wanted to be a father so I don't blame his distance.

Seeing Que again was definitely a shock. He was very calm and sweet to me. I had never seen this side to him. After staying with me a couple of weeks we got real comfortable. We acted like an actual couple. He got a job at a grocery store and was excited to get back into the swing of things.

One thing was he didn't know about my kids. They were off in Texas for the summer visiting Leon and they were due back tomorrow.

"Dinner was so good boo" he said as he cuddled up next to me on the couch.

"Thank you baby." I said pecking him on the lips.

"Ummm I need to tell you something." I say up on the couch to face him.

"What's good? Why you looking all nervous?"

My palms were sweating. I felt like I was gonna throw up.

"I- I- have ---"

*Ding Dong*

Saved by the doorbell. I sprung up from the couch and sprinted to the door.

"Mommyyyyy!!!!!!" Danika screamed jumping into my arms.

"MOMMY??!!" I heard from behind me.