4. Happy Birthday!

Thank you for your votes and comments.
Thanks for completing the target too.

Happy reading!

Target : 115 votes

******************************************
Next morning (Dev's POV):

Every morning is a beautiful start and they say every beautiful start has a beautiful end. I don't know why, but I feel like I'm going to reach the end of my journey to find her today! I woke up from my bed with a huge grin on my face. I feel so fresh and so excited about this new day. Not only because that today I'm gonna join my work, but also because today is a special day! Do you know what's special about this day? It's Sonakshi's birthday! I still remember her first birthday with me, okay it was the only one till now. But I believe that there are many more to come!

**Flashback**

"Jatin, what are you searching for?", Dev asked jatin, who was busy in online shopping. "A brand new video game", he said. "But you already have so many", Dev said looking at the heap of video games in his room. "Not for me. It's for sonakshi. Her birthday is coming up in a week", Jatin said still searching. "Oh, is it? But why are you gifting her video games? I don't think that she will play one", he said. "Why are you saying so? No one hates video games!", he said confidently. "I don't think gifting video games to a girl is a good idea", Dev said. "Who said she is a girl?", Jatin said chuckling. "Moreover I don't think she has the patience to sit and play video games. She is hyper active", dev said giggling. From the time, he came to darjeeling, he had never seen sonakshi sitting still in a place. He wondered how her parents used to manage her when she was a child. She must have been too tough to control, he thought. "Then what do you want me to gift her? Roller skates?", Jatin asked giggling. "Don't even think of doing that! She is already running around the streets. She definitely don't need one", he said. "You are right", he said as they both giggled. "Dev, what are you going to gift her? Remember, she won't leave you if you didn't gift her anything. Who knows she may even demand gift from us first, even before inviting us for her birthday party", jatin said chuckling. "I haven't decided it till now. Let's see..", Dev said thinking over what to gift her.

It was sonakshi's birthday that day and she was very much excited about it, though she was worried as to why her birthday comes during summer holidays, as she can neither celebrate it with her school friends nor she could receive so many gifts. Though they celebrate her birthday by throwing a small party, but only her very close friends were invited, much to her dismay. She always dreamt of a big grand birthday party, but her father never allowed to it. It was evening by then, and she was all ready to cut her cake. A very few friends of her and elena were present there along with jatin, his dadi and Dev. After successfully cutting the cake, she was all set to receive her gifts. "Come on, give my gift", she demanded Jatin, who came there empty handed. "I don't have one", he said showing his hands. "Then give me back my 4 pieces of cake that you swallowed in one go", she said twitching her nose. "I won't. Do whatever you can", he said making her all the more angry. "Jatin, stop irritating her", his dadi said and gave her the gift which jatin asked her to hide. "Dadi, why do you always spoil the fun?", Jatin said rolling his eyes. Dev wondered, what pleasure he received in irritating her, that he loved to do so.

Sonakshi quickly grabbed it from her hand and unwrapped the gift. It was nothing but a brand new xbox video console. Before she could open her mouth, elena snatched it from her hand exclaiming, "Oh my god! This is the best gift ever. Thank you so much", she said as her eyes gleamed. "But it's my gift!", Sonakshi shouted trying to grab it from her. Soon they were seen fighting with each other but asha interrupted. "Stop it! Are you both kids?", she shouted. "Mumma she snatched my gift", sona complained but elena gestured her not to. "Do whatever you want after everyone went. Now please show some manners infront of the guests", asha said and took the gift from her hands. "You'll get it after the party", she said and took it with her much to the sisters' dismay.