A Christmas Miracle

"Don't tell me you are working on Christmas day again...?" My best friend looks at me with disapproval.

"Well yeah, I am. And you know I don't really do the whole Christmas thingy" I shrugged

"Lena, you do realised that people will be ok without you working on Christmas right?"

"It's more to do with me wanting to work" I said in my defence.

"Please please... join my Christmas party this year. It's been 3 years honey. You need to let go and get back to world of living" Liz said thoughtfully.

------------------

Christmas was always something I looked forward to but that was 3 years ago. My favourite holiday became a painful memory when I lost my Matt to an accident. What was more painful was the fact that he was on his way to meet me despite the heavy snowing that day. The very day he was going to propose me. I didn't know until, the police hand over to me the ring which they found in his pocket.

Christmas was never the same again. The holiday season became the tough times and I throw myself into work to distract myself from the memory. My family and frens tried to help me move on but I couldn't bring myself to let it go.

Liz Park who is my anchor and best friend tried setting me up on dates numerous times with really decent guys but I never felt connected with any of them to actually date them. She finally gave up seeing how pointless it was.

My life practically revolved around my work, the little boutique I owned and my little guy Benji. The store was getting busier with the holidays right up the corner. I had to come in most of the time myself as the store was short staffed.

"I will try but you know, most of my staffs are off for the holidays. I can't ask them to come in, they know I always cover during the holidays" I told Liz

"I know but it wouldn't hurt for you to close early and join my party right?. Honey it would really mean so much to me. I need your support this time. Max's folks will be here this year and you know how picky they can be. I need you..." Liz groan and I could hear the desperation in her voice.

"OK OK I will join but I be coming in a little late. Is that OK?" I asked.

"YAAAAZz as long as you come, I'm more than happy..." Liz screamed excitingly which had people looking at our direction. I laughed and told her to pip down.

"OK now that's settled, I got to run. My little humans will be coming back soon" Liz said as she gets up to give me a hug before rushing out.

"I'll see you soon honey, I love you" Liz wave from the door. I waved back and collected my stuffs before heading over to pay.

I walked down the snowy path admiring the beautiful Christmas decorations which was all over the streets and buildings. Memories of Matt came rushing but I brush it off telling myself, it really was time to let it go. I reached the store and the girls were almost done for the day. I told them to pack up and leave as the temperature was dropping and I didn't want to them to get stuck in the cold.

30 minutes after the girls left, I decided to close for day and went to put up the "CLOSED" sign when someone pulled the door. I looked up to see a very good looking stranger standing there. I was about to tell him that we were already closing for the day when...