Chapter II: Cleverbot

Oh you're back? Sweet, that means you like my story so far! Well I hope you're ready for chapter two. Turn off your lights and get ready.

*Your POV*
A very stressful and frightening walk home from the park. My heart pounded and I was very eager to get home for the first time in forever. I was paranoid at every turn. The trees swayed as the wind blew getting ready for a rainstorm. I shivered as a strong cold gust of wind went by.

When I reached my home. The sun was already announcing its presence behind the mountains. I knew my father had already left by now. It was a silent walk and now that the sun was out I felt much more comfortable and less paranoid so I took my time. The park was a far walk from my home and took around half an hour to walk back.

It was silent other than an occasional car going by. I was taking up as much sun as possible knowing it won't be long before the storm hits. When the warm sun was covered by a very sad cloud I knew I should start rushing home before it started to rain.

I got home just in time before it started raining. I got inside and slammed the door only to jump at the roar of the thunder and flash of lightning fill the entire house with light and the thunder shook the house a little. My father had already left for work so I had the whole house to myself again. I was alone. Or I thought I was alone.

I kicked off my shoes and changed out of my uncomfortable wet clothes into some dry clothes. and headed for my laptop on my bed to finish my school work. I was startled and confused when I saw a website already opened. The website was called Cleverbot and it looked like one of those websites you use to talk to bots online.

"What is this?"

And as if it heard me, a message popped up onto the chat.
Cleverbot: Hello (Y/N)

I looked at the screen with wide eyes and I leaned back. How did this website know my name?

Cleverbot: are you alright? You look like you have just seen a ghost.

I decided not to type back in fear this could be some sort of hack. I checked my webcam and sure enough it was off. I was just about to shut my computer when another message came on the screen.

Cleverbot: oh, so you're not going to respond to me? How rude.

Then the screen went black. I hesitated but reached for the power off button when the screen started glitching and flashing colors but in a distorted disturbing kind of way. I finally had enough and just slammed the laptop close and backed away from my bed. I was in shock and paranoia creeped up on me again. I looked around my room not seeing anyone but the feeling only grew as the day went on. I skipped out on my schoolwork today accepting whatever form of punishment my father had In store tonight.

*Time skip*
The stitches on my leg were itchy and my head was pounding as each drop of rain tapped on the window. I watched the dark clouds cry over my neighborhood when I saw my father's red truck pull into the driveway. I silently cried to myself and sat up straight. I quickly grabbed out my laptop completely forgetting the website incident and opened up my schools page to make it look like I was doing something.

I heard the door swing open and then slam shut. My father's loud steps towards my door. He peeked in and slightly leaned on the door frame.

"O-oh, h-hi daddy"

I gave him a weak smile and continued with my "work".

"Where were you last night?"

His question caught me off guard. My only thought was 'oh shit he saw me sneak out  last night be cool BE COOL' yet my actions were frantic and I began stuttering.

"W-what do you m-mean?"

I asked trying to sound as convincing as possible. He raised his eyebrow at me and made a tapping sound with his tongue. He got really close to my face. I looked down at my computer trying to focus myself on the screen. He then slapped me across the face.

"Don't you fucking lie to me, you're just like your mo-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"Shut up! Just Shut up!" I yelled back, instantly regretting my decision.

His hand reached out and slapped me in the face this time much harder. "I'm in charge here kid, you hear me?!"

With that sentence he thew my computer to the wall  smashing it and walking out the front door once again. The computer fell to the floor, bits of shattered glass from the screen hit the hard floor. I collapsed on the floor next to my now shattered computer. My computer was so damaged it wouldn't even start up again. I hugged my knees tightly to my chest and began to sob into them. My pathetic sobs echoed through the entire house and my face was now red. I couldn't even feel the sting that usually came from his hits. When he talks about my mother like that the only pain I feel is in my heart.

After thirty minutes or so of complete silence I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep on my every uncomfortably cold hard wood floors. I awoke to the familiar sound of my laptop starting up. I slowly arose from the hard ground and looked up at my clock. The time was 3:46 am. I looked around for the source of the noice when I saw my laptop, which I completely thought was totally busted, had turned on.

The same website "Cleverbot" was the only thing on the screen other than a message saying;

Cleverbot: we are not done...

I could barley make out what the message said because there were so many cracks it was almost impossible. I picked up my laptop and began to type back.

You: ?

It took a while for the website to respond.

Cleverbot: see you soon...

You: what do you mean?

Cleverbot: you have met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

A confused yet terrified look plastered on my face as the message "you have met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" Flashed on the screen several times before the screen completely shut itself off.

I starred at the empty screen completely shaken by what had just happened. My heart pounded out of my chest and I crawled back on my bed and hid underneath the covers. My eyes burned because my sleep schedule was so messed up. I drifted off into a deep sleep.