Chapter Three: A Grand Keeper's Death

This part of my story takes place a few hours after the last part.

   Lykon, my Aunt Delanie, and I are standing on the ruff gravel road that leads to what used to be my family home, which is now in ashes. I'm nestled, tightly, in Lykon's arms.

   A police officer makes his way to us.

     "Allow me to introduce myself, names Jason." He says with a smile that quickly changes to a frown. "But I do have to...horrendous news to share. Three bodies were discovered, fully charred, and slightly able to indentify."

    Lykon tightens his embrace, as I turn my head into his chest.

  "Those have to be Mathias, Susan, and Michael's." Says Aunt Delanie. I start crying when she starts speaking. My parents....My baby brother....are....gone. T-They're gone. Lykon tightens his hug, feeling my tears on his t-shirt.

  "It's ok Lacey...everything will be ok....I've got you." He whispers, rubbing circles into the smol of my back. We let go of each other as Officer Jason clears his throat.

   "I know this must be hard on you, Ms. Starkson. With having just lost your boyfriend, and now this. If I can help at all, feel free to give me a call. And if any therapy is needed, I will set you and anybody in your family, or Mr. North here, up with the county therapist, on my bill." Officer Jason says, handing me a business card. I take it and nod.

   "T-Thank you, Officer."

   "Jason is fine. I've worked with your parents, and family on cases with the realm for years my dear." He says, with a wink.

 "Oh, then, thank you, Jason." I say. "Would you mind telling me what the cases were sometime?"

  "Of course, dear. Those specific ones were not connected to the police force, so they are free to be shared with other Dream Keeper's." He says, giving me a kind, gentle smile, placing his hand on my shoulder. I return the smile, close to the verge of tears.

     "Now, I know you will need a place to stay, so until we can get you as well as Lykon emancipated you guys can stay at the Marriot. My wife works there so she has gotten a room set up for the two of you on our bill. We don't expect any payment. We just want the best for the two of you." Jason says, removing his hand from my shoulder.. "I'll give you guys a ride over there." He motions towards his vehical, and I notice there's enough room for us in the front seat.

      "T-Thank you, Jason. I'm hoping we get to work together again." Lykon says as he tries to slip his hand into mine, but I push it away and step over to hug my Aunt.

"Thank you for being here, Auntie. I love you. I guess I'll see you in the morning, or tomorrow." I whisper to her while we hug.

"Of course, Lacey. I'll see you in the morning, try to get some sleep. I love you too." She whispers back before we pull apart. " Lykon, take care of her. I trust you'll get them to the hotel safely, Jason. I must be getting home now, my husband is extreamly worried, he's been texting me non stop this whole time." She says, giving Jason a quick hug before heading towards her car. My Uncle, Grayson, is probably FREAKING OUT, seeing as he does that whenever she's not home after 10:00 pm.

Lykon and I follow Jason over to the passenger door. He opens it for us and Lykon insists that I sit in the center, cause it's safer. I honestly don't care so I slide into the seat. Lykon then slides in next to me and Jason walks around to the other side of the car.

He gets in, starts the car, and drives us to the Marriot.

"When you guys get inside, ask to see Mrs. Fullman. That's my wife." He says as we pull into the parking lot. He drops us off by the door and hands us a backpack of clothes for each of us so we don't end up wearing the same clothes to school tomorrow.

"Thanks Jason. I'll make sure she gets some sleep tonight." Lykon says, about to close the door, but Jason stops him.

"You get some sleep to, kid."

"I will. Promise."

To Be Continued...