Chapter | 35

This chapter is a teensy bit steamier than usual. So yeah, just thought you should know.

 So yeah, just thought you should know

[ a l i n a ]

"The number one priority right now is the press. We have been stalling for too long." Nathan tells me, as we hung out in the living room.

He's right. Michael coming back, the Vanderbilt building destroyed..The media has been demanding answers. A lot.

Ariana showed me some articles, where they assumed that the Vanderbilt family was a pot of bad luck. They weren't wrong.

"I spoke with Marcus.." He started, a glass of vodka in his grasp. "He's busy with the new building construction."

"Right." I mutter, sinking into the sofa, holding a glass of water.

A part of me cursed this whole kingdom and business matter. I've gone through quite a lot these past few weeks and once I'm back, it was as if they slapped me in the face with royal chores.

I'm extremely selfish at the moment, but I'm not against it. I only wanted my mind to be clear of problems for a moment only, and apparently that is impossible to ask for.

Looking at my brother, I can tell he's been better. His dark hair is now cut neatly, his body becoming healthier.

"How are you doing?" I asked him, noticing a smile growing. "Did you find.. someone?" I asked.

Nathan choked on his drink, his face growing pale. "No." He muttered, turning his back to me, standing up, putting his glass onto the coffee table.

"Nathan.. you'd tell me if you were dating someone, right?" I asked again, as he was about to leave the room.

"Of course. You're my sister." He laughs dryly, ruffling my hair.

Setting the glass onto the glass table, I nod, looking into his eyes, feeling that his words weren't true. I just hoped they were. I don't need anyone else keeping secrets from me. Not anymore.

"I guess I really haven't had the chance to say this. Nathan, I'm.. sorry about Althea." I breathe out, letting those words go. I've wanted to talk to him about this matter, but I couldn't stand to see his heartbroken face.

Althea, his late fiancée.. Killed by Talia's assassins because they thought she was me. We did have a lot of resemblance, starting by our hair, and our sense of fashion.

"It's not your fault. Never has been. I'm sorry for blaming it on you." He pressed his lips, walking away into his bedroom, turning off the hallway lights; and the place went completely dark.