Chapter 5: No More: Confrontation

4:36 AM

Darkness surrounded his every side, preventing him from seeing even three feet from in front of him at first; his vision started to adjust to the sudden change, but even after the most he could see was slight shapes and movements. He barely breathed on the outside, but on the inside, he was screaming in fury at himself. All that time of watching the fox as he woke up had completely made him forget that his power had been falling. Now, his defences were lowered and there would be two very angry animatronics heading his way.

The conversation with the fox had left him exposed and now he only had the pistol he held still as his only option for survival. Of course, even with all of this, the one question Mike had on his mind was whether this had been the fox's plan to distract him just long enough. With his eyes resting on Foxy, Mike backed up against the wall and held the pistol with both of his hands; if this had been a trick, then Mike didn't want to be caught unaware by a threat he thought had become docile.

Half of him just wanted to shoot the fox straight away and be done with it, but something held him back; was it the same idea that had stopped him from shooting him when he had gotten up minutes before? Either way, whatever was stopping him from putting a bullet inside the fox's face had an equal chance of getting him killed or saving him. Whether or not the fox was going to attack him now that his defences were lowered, Mike decided that it was better to be prepared for an attack rather than hope in ignorance that his enemy wouldn't turn on him.

The idea of the fox attacking him further escalated when he turned to Mike and stepped towards him; leaning against the wall, Mike pulled the pistol up and aimed it directly at the fox's head, his finger resting on the trigger. He noticed the slightly twitch that was starting to form in the finger and he struggled to keep it still. Even with the fact that the gun was now aimed, there was still a chance that the fox would be able to reach Mike before he could even think about squeezing the trigger; his reaction time wasn't fast enough.

Seeing the Night Guard raise the gun up, the fox held his arms up in a peaceful gesture, both his good hand and hook pointed up towards the ceiling as what seemed to be a look of desperation went over his face; still suspicious of the fox's intentions, Mike kept the gun up and prepared to fire if any hostile movement came from him. Staying perfectly still as to not get himself shot, the fox didn't utter so much as a sound at first, leading to the silence of the pizzeria being the only thing to accompany his other senses.

"Listen to me." The fox spoke in a bare whisper, which Mike knew would allow any other noise to easily penetrate; it was clear that the fox was not trying to distract him until the others reached them, since it wasn't like his friends were masters of stealth and shadows.

"I know ye still don't trust me," Continuing to whisper, Mike could hear him frantically turning around; was it to look out for his friends? That could mean two different things, depending on his intentions. "But if they get a han' on ye, then ye won't be gettin' out breathin'.

Then, after what seemed like hours of silence, Mike heard the tell-tale sound of large, metallic footsteps storming down the left hallway; whilst it was impossible to tell exactly how many there were, it was clearly obvious that there were more than one animatronic coming down to the office. That either meant that both Chica and Bonnie were returning alone, or Freddy had indeed survived his shooting and was back in the game. Also hearing the sound of footsteps, Foxy turned back to Mike and started to whisper more urgently, as if his own life was now in enormous peril.

"Quick, get in the corner!" Hesitating at first, Mike considered his options briefly; whilst it was true that he was in hot water, he wasn't sure whether or not following the fox's commands would lead him down the drain. Another obvious choice was to take his chances and run away.